1999 Yukon Denali Front Bench In 98 2Dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neosoul

Reaction score
Guys I just saw a 99 yukon denali bench seat where the middle seat is also the center console, what problems would I run into trying to put this seat in my 98 2 dr tahoe. I know I would lose the ability for the seat to slide forward for passengers to get into the rear of the vehicle, other than that are there any other hurdles. Also would that rear seat also be compatible? Sorry for being lazy for not searching this forum

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
Can someone at least tell me if I'm correct as to whether or not the seat would slide forward to gain access to the rear of a 2 dr on the powered version of the 60/40 bench seat.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously don't think that it will slide forward enough. That bench seat was not meant to allow access to the rear seat since the Denali was not available with less than four doors. It might slide forward enough for a kid to climb back there, but not the average adult. On top of that, if it's a power seat, and I'm sure it is, then that's quite a bit more wear and tear on the motors. You would likely wear out your motors prematurely.

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
I seriously don't think that it will slide forward enough. That bench seat was not meant to allow access to the rear seat since the Denali was not available with less than four doors. It might slide forward enough for a kid to climb back there, but not the average adult. On top of that, if it's a power seat, and I'm sure it is, then that's quite a bit more wear and tear on the motors. You would likely wear out your motors prematurely.
thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a problem brother! I haven't tried it, nor have I seen it done. Just knowing that they weren't designed for a 2 door, that's what I believe. I did just find this though: https://www.google.com/search?q=2+d...C&biw=1366&bih=631&dpr=1#imgrc=phwyXws8mM8GsM:
search
search

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne