1999 Tahoe Fuel lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred8691

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I have myself a 99 Tahoe LT, 4dr, 4wd with the 5.7 v8. I have a fuel leak and the lines are all pretty rusted, so I plan on just replacing all 4 fuel lines and the filter and call it a day. I can find the two lines that run from the filter to the gas tank online on a few sites, but I can't find the two lines that run from the fuel filter up to the engine anywhere.

My mechanic knows someone that can custom make new lines to go up to the engine but it might cost a pretty penny to do so. So before I go off and do that wanted to check in here and see if any of you guys have any ideas.

OP
OP
Bigred8691

Bigred8691

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did see that FINELINE FL399K but it says its for "4Door, RWD" I have 4 Door, 4WD. I actually sent the company an email today in regards to that part for some clarification, I don't quite understand how it being 4WD would call for a different part that's going up the engine connection. are the "Engine to fuel filter" lines different on a 4 Door RWD vs a 4Door 4WD? I don't see why this would be unless on the 4Door RWD the fuel filter mounting position is slightly more to the left or right causing the lines to be little bit longer or shorter.

OP
OP
Bigred8691

Bigred8691

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got an email back and they gave me the correct part number for the Engine to filter lines, for whatever reason they don't list the part for the Tahoe but just as a general OBS chevy truck. Going to buy them and give it a shot.

Engine to Fuel filter: https://www.linestogo.com/chevy-tru...ext-cab-reg-cab-4-3l-5-0l-5-7l-fl398-j1a-set/

Fuel filter to Tank: https://www.linestogo.com/tahoe-fuel-line-1998-2000-1500-4-door-5-7l-fl149-a2-set-tank/

If links ever expire here are the part numbers

Engine to Fuel filter: FineLine FL398-J1A

Fuel filter to Tank: FineLine FL149-A2

OP
OP
Bigred8691

Bigred8691

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update on this.

I had the lines done october 5th and everything has been running great with the parts I listed above, I asked my mechanic how it went and he said he didn't run into any issues at all everything fit correctly.

So If you're looking for the full set of fuel lines the parts I listed will definitely work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins