1998 Yukon High Revving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my 1998 Yukon, I am finding that I need to press the gas pedal a lot more in order to go anywhere. It's like the engine isn't making enough power to accelerate normally. Now this truck has been sitting a while, and I'm sure it needs a tune-up badly anyway, I'm just wanting to make sure the engine is at fault and not the transmission. My dad said the trans may be slipping or something. I just want to know what the problem is and what options I have available.

Thanks

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely the transmission. Check your fluid on the dipstick. Is it pink or brownish? Does it smell burnt? If its brownish and smells burnt then you have clutches slipping and your transmission is about to die soon.

OP
OP
K

Koby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most likely the transmission. Check your fluid on the dipstick. Is it pink or brownish? Does it smell burnt? If its brownish and smells burnt then you have clutches slipping and your transmission is about to die soon.
It's still pink and I can't smell anything, but ive read online that a simple filter change can fix some of the small transmission problems. But I'd say that the transmission is doing great for being at 266k miles, and probably hasn't had any transmission work done since 100-150k. The last owner didnt care about it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14