1998 Yukon Brake problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Koby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the deal. I replaced the master cylinder and went right to bleeding the brakes. The brakes definitely had a different feel to them, so that was the first problem. The second problem is that the rear shock absorbers were aftermarket air shocks. This being the case, they were a little beefier and wider than the original shocks. When I went to bleed the brakes, it turned out that these bigger shocks had worn a massive hole into the steel brake line, where my precious brake fluid spilled out onto the ground. Since then I have removed the brake line and have began searching for a replacement online. This is where I am stuck, because it seems that no matter what site I go to, not a single one of them has the brake line I need. They only have the one-size-fits-all bendable brake lines. I gave those a try, but the ends did not match up quite right. Upon returning the line, I asked the guy at Oreillys if there were any different ends to the line, but he said that's all they had. So I need help finding a 127" brake line that links the rear brakes to the front. The line I need starts along the frame of the truck on the left side, approximately under where the parking brake pedal is located. It goes from there all the way back to the left side of the axle. Can anyone help me find the line, because that guy at Oreillys was not any help at all. I'm going to try another branch of Oreillys that I use a lot, and they've been more help in the past, just to see if that guy was just clueless about what the store sold. But thanks for the replies so far! Any more help would be appreciated!