1995 Tahoe blank keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find them other than the dealer? I was trying to narrow down which one actually works for a 1995 Tahoe, but there seems to be many different part numbers, not sure if they are all the same. I'm just looking for a blank key replacement for our 1995 Tahoe.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
I've had good luck on eBay. Just make sure you know which letter blank you have and there should be some options out there.

OP
OP
D

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck on eBay. Just make sure you know which letter blank you have and there should be some options out there.

Sorry, still kind of a rookie. What exactly is a key “letter”? Is this the style of GM key? All I know is it has no chip in it and has the rubber grip with the GM logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
Sorry, still kind of a rookie. What exactly is a key “letter”? Is this the style of GM key? All I know is it has no chip in it and has the rubber grip with the GM logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a letter on the silver part of the OEM key,it's the type of blank they used as the core on the older two key model. 1995 might be the two sided key, if yours looks like the one in the link there's only one core and that one should work just fine.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go to any hardware store, they’ll have a double sided blank, even with a rubber tip, (just the tip) it may not say gm maybe ilco but cheap key dude.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find them other than the dealer? I was trying to narrow down which one actually works for a 1995 Tahoe, but there seems to be many different part numbers, not sure if they are all the same. I'm just looking for a blank key replacement for our 1995 Tahoe.

Just go to any hardware store, they’ll have a double sided blank, even with a rubber tip, (just the tip) it may not say gm maybe ilco but cheap key dude.

When I purchased my Yukon used it only came with one key, it was not an OEM key, and the peaks and points of it were rounded smooth from use. I actually went to the dealer and they looked up the key code using my VIN and cut me a new crisp key. After that I took that new key to the hardware store and had my spares cut from that. It was $20 for that first key at the dealer, but all the ones at the hardware store were a few bucks each. I put the dealer key in my fire safe with the title and other documents so I will always have a fresh key if I need more made.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts