1992 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,looking at a 92 4x4 2 dr yukon @189k miles. Havent driven it but seems to run fine and seller claims it runs and drives as it should with regard to 4x4 operation and transmission. Is there anything year specific that i should check or can be a problem? I had a 94 before this and presently drive a 99 sub. Thank you in advance

OP
OP
S

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i ended up buying the truck and its pretty solid. I do have a electrical problem that i just started to get into. All courtesy lights are in op as well as the hvac controls,there was no fuse in the box and as soon i put in in it burned up. All the gauges work along with all exterior lights. Any ideas or knowledge would be helpful.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. Post is worthless without pics though! :pics-stfu:

About your electrical issue, those suck. Sounds like you have a wire somewhere grounding out, causing the fuse to blow. Did the Yuk sit for a while? If so, a mouse might have made it a home. It's hard to give very many tips on this issue, other than I think you're going to be chasing wires. When you put the fuse in, was the HVAC system on, or off? Being that it draws the most power because of what it controls, I would start the hunt under the hood for the wires going to the HVAC system. If you can't find any bare wires there grounding out, I would suggest checking behind the HVAC controls, and then check the wires going to your pin switches at the doors. I know this isn't much help, but when it comes to wiring issues, it can be a nightmare.

OP
OP
S

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back again,pulled all the old alarm off and got it running again,yea me. while the dash was apart i took a look at the hvac wires going into the fan motor and found a little corrision on a plug pulled it and wala hvac working! yea me again. Still need to find short in courtesy lights so i need to get a wiring schematic and go one circuit at a time. thanks for the help!!

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that. Hopefully someone here can help you with that. I did a quick search, but didn't turn up much.

OP
OP
S

scotto0609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So update on the yukon. Over the holidays my son came home and complained about lights flickering. Ordered switch came out the next day and dash is all burnt up! Tear into it and only three wires damaged. I have since bought a 94 and am switching the whole interior out. Just wondering what everybody is using to preserve their dashboards and interior plastic as the dash in the 94 has no cracks. On a side note anybody need weird interior stuff from a 92 grey in color? As always thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos