18" Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My search skills seem to be lacking and I can't seem to find the thread where someone mentioned what the biggest tire is that could be put on the stock 18" wheels without any rubbing.

Looking to stick with the 18" wheels but I'd like to fill out the wheel well a bit more than what came on the truck. No lift or level kit has been installed either.

Any suggestions?

roeserp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My search skills seem to be lacking and I can't seem to find the thread where someone mentioned what the biggest tire is that could be put on the stock 18" wheels without any rubbing.

Looking to stick with the 18" wheels but I'd like to fill out the wheel well a bit more than what came on the truck. No lift or level kit has been installed either.

Any suggestions?
Take a look at this thread: "285s on a 2017". They talk about putting a 275 70 18 on a stock suspension without any problem.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at this thread: "285s on a 2017". They talk about putting a 275 70 18 on a stock suspension without any problem.

That's the one I was looking for. Not sure how I missed it since it's on the second page. Lol!

Thanks!

roeserp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's the one I was looking for. Not sure how I missed it since it's on the second page. Lol!

Thanks!
I've been also looking at whether a larger size would fit with stock suspension. Most of the discussions of larger tires involve some leveling, which I don't want to do. I am surprised that 275-70-18 works with no trimming. That tire is 33.2". Stock is only 31.6". Looking at the clearance I have when turning the wheel, it doesn't look like there's even an extra inch of clearance.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been also looking at whether a larger size would fit with stock suspension. Most of the discussions of larger tires involve some leveling, which I don't want to do. I am surprised that 275-70-18 works with no trimming. That tire is 33.2". Stock is only 31.6". Looking at the clearance I have when turning the wheel, it doesn't look like there's even an extra inch of clearance.

Agreed, seems like a rather larger tire to have on without any rubbing taking place. I love the look of it though, fills up the wheel well perfectly.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^That looks fantastic and just the look I'm going for. Any chance you have a full on side profile shot?

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you.

How's the ride quality and road noise after putting those on? Any noticeable difference?

Darkie

Reaction score
No noise that I can tell except on concrete roads a little sound not a deal breaker but the ride got a little bouncy in pot holes, after a couple days I was used to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos