17 Tahoe makes squeaky suspension noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this done. Sound was so annoying over bumps and when getting out of the truck. They apparently slightly rerouted the cable to not rub against the link.

Interesting.

I have this issue on my '08 and I'm going to have to crawl under the rear again and see what I can do about a homemade re-route or at least cable-tie solution.

gary645

Reaction score
Dealer replaced the jounce bumpers today and on the drive home could tell the squeaking noise was gone. The details are in TSB PIT5477A as advised by Wjp45066 - many thanks! Without your info this may have never been fixed. I'll attach a copy of the TSB.

Attachments

• PIT5477A.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 120

Sjp45066

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer replaced the jounce bumpers today and on the drive home could tell the squeaking noise was gone. The details are in TSB PIT5477A as advised by Wjp45066 - many thanks! Without your info this may have never been fixed. I'll attach a copy of the TSB.

You're welcome. It was frustrating to hear squeaks on my Tahoe as well.

Tahoe_Tito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem but the sounds like it’s coming from the rear. Very frustrating I just brought this Tahoe 3 weeks ago it’s a 2016 with 71k miles. Does the jounce bumper issue affect rear suspension also?

grn15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe sounds like a rusty bucket even when you climb in. The squeaking sounds are from the back. Replaced shocks and still squeaks. Looking for some guidance. Thanks

Marcelo_18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!

New to this forum - over a thousand posts on ClubLexus though.

Our first chevy ever - a 17' Tahoe LT.

It's a pretty sweet ride. But I've noticed after a few months of ownership and about 5k miles that there is a squeaking noise in the suspension when going over bumps. It's especially noticeable at low speeds, hitting potholes and speed bumps. It kind of sounds like an old mattress or box spring, or like the comedic renditions of people getting it on in the bedroom.

Is this a common problem facing these vehicles? I'm thinking of bringing it to the dealer, but haven't found the time nor need to just yet.

Thanks!
I have 2016 Tahoe that have been squeaking when going over small bumps at low speed for a few months. I first tried the felt electrical tape around the emergency cables but found out that the problem was the adjustable bumps at the rear door/hatch that needed lube. This was super annoying but it’s finally gone!

Marcelo_18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounded like I had a styrofoam cooler in the back when driving slowly over slightly rough terrain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts