16 Yukon XL SLT steering locks and bounces when parking then vehicle dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time this has ever happened. Entering into parking spot in a parking tower. Steer left (not full lock) and left turn is disable and starts to bounce towards the right. Sort of like the lane assist function but it was not on. The dash flashes park assist, navigation screen starts flashing then vehicle dies completely. No lights or instrument panel illumination. Restart and it starts normally, pull in reverse to attempt parking again. Put in drive to try and park and it does same thing but doesn't die. Finally just pull back in reverse and drive straight to another spot and parks normal!

Anyone experience anything like this on 15+ models? I've seen the buffering issues but haven't seen anyone have an electrical issue like this unless I missed it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Will be scheduling service since it's still in warranty, just curious before I go to dealer. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons