16 tahoe LKA only works when towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustinjay22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bought a used 16 Tahoe LTZ. noticed that the lane keep assist stayed off before i bought it. so i purchased an extended warranty and took it in for service a month later. in the mean time i noticed that when i was towing my wifes RZR that all of a sudden the lka/fca was now working. noticed because i have a terrible habbit of not using turn signals. it worked every time i drove with the trailer hooked and loaded. stopped working the first time i drove unhooked. i mentioned this when i took it for service, they said showed short in camera. ordered and replaced camera and now has all the same issues but they're blaming the $1500 windshield. it is aftermarket but it's a soundscreen with solar screen. very very pricey piece of glass. and i'm not buying it due to the fact the system would work when towing. any tips on where i should go from here?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bought a used 16 Tahoe LTZ. noticed that the lane keep assist stayed off before i bought it. so i purchased an extended warranty and took it in for service a month later. in the mean time i noticed that when i was towing my wifes RZR that all of a sudden the lka/fca was now working. noticed because i have a terrible habbit of not using turn signals. it worked every time i drove with the trailer hooked and loaded. stopped working the first time i drove unhooked. i mentioned this when i took it for service, they said showed short in camera. ordered and replaced camera and now has all the same issues but they're blaming the $1500 windshield. it is aftermarket but it's a soundscreen with solar screen. very very pricey piece of glass. and i'm not buying it due to the fact the system would work when towing. any tips on where i should go from here?
I guess hook it up and take it in with a trailer attached and show them it works when towing which would have "zero" to do with a windshield.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought mine (used) the auto sense wipers were not working due to a replacement windshield. GM wouldn't do a d@mn thing about it under warranty, not even check the system to make sure that their end of things were fine. I popped the mirror covers off and re-positioned the camera and now they're fine. I don't have LKA, but it's just an FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore