16 Denali Radio and CarPlay issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdfein

Reaction score
I have a 8 month old 16 Denali and having nagging little issues with radio.

When using my steering wheel controls to cycle radio presets the radio gets confused and forgets what the order of the presets when I cycle quick. I commute 2hr a day so I use all 60 presets between FM, HD and XM stations. So it is annoying the radio doesn't behave right.

Another issue is when I connect my iPhone 7 via cable to the truck to charge, it goes into iPod mode even if I want radio. If I select radio it changes over but 30-60 seconds later it goes back to playing iPod material.

Another issue is my steering wheel controls don't work to advance tracks when in iPod mode.

So all in I'm having annoying issues with my system. Is there a way to tell what version the OS in my truck is and what is the most current?

Any advice welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When using my steering wheel controls to cycle radio presets the radio gets confused and forgets what the order of the presets when I cycle quick. I commute 2hr a day so I use all 60 presets between FM, HD and XM stations. So it is annoying the radio doesn't behave right.

My 16 Denali has the exact same issue.
Sorry I don't have any info to help though.

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the simular issue with my android.. so I deactivate the auto start feature on android auto

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

IamZ

Reaction score
I have a 8 month old 16 Denali and having nagging little issues with radio.

Another issue is when I connect my iPhone 7 via cable to the truck to charge, it goes into iPod mode even if I want radio. If I select radio it changes over but 30-60 seconds later it goes back to playing iPod material.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be an iPhone 7 problem. My iPhone 6 never had that problem but since upgrading to the 7, I'm having the same problem that you're describing..

OP
OP
G

gdfein

Reaction score
This might be an iPhone 7 problem. My iPhone 6 never had that problem but since upgrading to the 7, I'm having the same problem that you're describing..

That may be, but it's on GM and Apple to figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk