15' Yukon XL Denali Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi first post here and have some questions regarding this problematic truck. Truck is making a crackling noise sound coming from the pillar behind the driver door, the passenger side running board won't go down, the rear tailgate will not stay closed unless you hold it and force it shut. Transmission was just replaced by GM because it blew apart at 50,000 miles. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the crackling sound behind my ear is when driving, checked weather stripping and it looks fine, also was wondering if anyone has an easy fix for the rear tailgate not staying shut unless you hold it. If you don't force it closed it unlatches and will pop out again. Thanks in advance, hopefully these are just some easy problems to fix that doesn't require another dragged out week at the dealer...

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANC, active noise cancellation... ? its above vs behind you though.
seat belt bracket or screw loose or broken push tab on B pillar

only make crackling when driving? any different on bumpy road?

no idea on taligate, i'd think dealer could sort it out...maybe solenoid/latch
can you test electrical connections?

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crackling noise only happens when you are above about 45 MPH. As of yesterday You can hear a little wind noise almost like air is sneaking in the cab through the door. Window is shut and door shuts fine. This truck has never made this noise until last week. it's only when you are driving and it's the same on smooth or bumpy roads. It's tough to describe it sounds like a mouse is in the pillar is the best way to describe it. And you get a little air noise too.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the outside trim panel between the doors. lot of owners have problems with these and have had to replace them. They can make all kinds of weird noises when they start coming loose.

Nord

Reaction score
Yep, check the black trim piece on the door. Mine sounded just like that and eventually fell off. Check all of them, because they'll probably all come loose eventually.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-pillar-covers-popping-off.71188/#post-915045

My Yukon also has 50,000 miles and the transmission is currently torn apart at the dealer. They're replacing my torque converter as well. I'll just add it to the list of repairs... last month it was the A/C condenser and radiator, now the transmission. What a POS.

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thank you will check those plastic door trim pieces. I forgot to mention the front A/C broke before as well.

Last edited: