15 Tahoe LTZ: Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
I dont post often on here but im looking for some advice and any response is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, 3 years ago I purchased by beloved 15 Tahoe LTZ. Now it has 56,000 miles and is in perfect condition. But over the last few months I have noticed that some items just dont work the same as they did. The touchscreen some times flashed and is very laggy (but it has been 3 years so understandable). The engine maybe after a day and a half after use seems to take longer to start (long crank), drivers side mirror fold and unfolds slowly and doesnt even unfold all the way. The illumination of the power ajustable mirrors buttons sometimes do not illuminate and then after a few mins. they do. and just once the trunk only opened ¾ of the way even though it was set on "Max".

Just looking to see if others have these problems and if they have fixed them. I was looking to buy a Denali soon but keep the Tahoe in the family

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The long crank issue may be indicative of a battery that is starting to go. May want to stop by an Auto Zone (or similar) to have them test and see how much life is left on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler424

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The long crank issue may be indicative of a battery that is starting to go. May want to stop by an Auto Zone (or similar) to have them test and see how much lift is left on it.
Yeah i didnt even think of that since it only does it sometimes. But i will just get a new one. thanks

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A battery in an area like Boston should last longer than 3 years. It is worth getting it tested tho.

OP
OP
Tyler424

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A battery in an area like Boston should last longer than 3 years. It is worth getting it tested tho.
i have a tester so i will test it, but i did notice today it wasnt on the typical 14 volts, but no problem starting. so i will test it and see where to go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts