15 Suburban Rear Level Kit Done, review and Pics: Belltech Part #: 23323

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After exchanging a few email with Tony, I got the above kit installed last Saturday along with an alignment.

While I do not have measurement of before and after, I measured after and it just about perfectly level front and Rear.

On a suburban, be aware that because of the longer wheelbase, it looks like fron some angle that the rear is lower.

I personally love the look and was surprises how dramatic of a change visually it is.
For info my truck is RWD, non air suspesnion, 45k miles.

I got an alignment along with the install and after driving it the whole weekend, I feel zero difference in ride/feel/etc...

While I will soon get some larger wheels, I kind of like the 18's makes it look like a huge station wagon.

All in all very happy about the product.

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I'd love to do this with my Tahoe but just not sure about the install. How easy was it?

aces82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
his kit is not hard to install, I did it in a few hours with basic handtools..i would say the free travel mod takes longer than the actual kit install but is easy as well.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
his kit is not hard to install, I did it in a few hours with basic handtools..i would say the free travel mod takes longer than the actual kit install but is easy as well.

Would you mind posting a picture in the sister thread called "show off your lowered tahoe yukons"?

lilmac

Reaction score
Was an alignment really needed? Didn't you only level it out by dropping the rear? Didn't think there was any adjustment in the rear. Asking because I recently leveled my Yukon XL. And you are right about the rear looking lower at certain angles, tape measure doesn't lie though.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was an alignment really needed? Didn't you only level it out by dropping the rear? Didn't think there was any adjustment in the rear. Asking because I recently leveled my Yukon XL. And you are right about the rear looking lower at certain angles, tape measure doesn't lie though.

Well, I got an alignement because #1 we got the car 3 months ago and I wanted to make sure it was perfect as the previous owner was a rental agency :)
#2: I read here and there about people talking about the geometry changing in the front due to the rear lowering, not sure if true but I wanted to be on the safe side.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good leveled.

I had a 2011 Suburban and couldn't figure out why it looked low in the rear after it was leveled. My running boards were slightly lower in the rear, but the biggest thing is the body lines. The roof slightly slopes downwards and the rear side window's bottom edge also slopes downwards. The Tahoes have the same issue, but its less noticeable since the back end is shorter.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good leveled.

I had a 2011 Suburban and couldn't figure out why it looked low in the rear after it was leveled. My running boards were slightly lower in the rear, but the biggest thing is the body lines. The roof slightly slopes downwards and the rear side window's bottom edge also slopes downwards. The Tahoes have the same issue, but its less noticeable since the back end is shorter.

Couldn't agree with you more.
Before doing the rear lowering, I didnt think about that and also he fact that now when I open, the rear door, or hatch, or trunk, whatever you call it, it is now way lower and kind of like the 3/4 open position from when I had the suspension stock!

I came to the conclusion that I am going to install a 2" spacer to replace the 1" spacer that is currently on the suburban (that what that kit comes with: lowering springs, 1" spacer and bumpstop)

That should help with the rear slightly saggy look, sort of looking more levelled, and hopefully achieve the look I was looking for, teh time for 22' wheels and tires.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 months after living with the rear lowered, wife asked me to put the stock one on, as the rear liftgate was too low.
So I have this kit for sale, PM me if anyone interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop