'15 Denali 6.2l ECM/TCM tune review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grade- A+

What an improvement! The entire process was as easy as can be. The directions for the process are spot on. Every step is perfectly laid out from start to finish. If there is any confusion about any part of the process, stop and read again...it's all there.

I installed a Magnaflow muffler and a Volant intake prior to the tune and did notice a slight performance improvement from these two mods. The truck seemed to open up with these changes.

With the tune, the biggest change is the transmission. The sloppy shifting is now gone. It is now always in the right gear. None of that floating back and forth between shifts. This is one thing that was a bit annoying with the added sound from the muffler swap. You could often hear the truck looking for the right gear when cruising through the mountains.

The engine feels spirited for a vehicle of this size. Of course the AFM is deactivated which is required for any amount of driving enjoyment. GM AFM is the worst, and simply floors me by how horrible it is across the board on so many models. The ECO mode in my wife's Wrangler is leaps and bounds better.

This is a mod I would highly recommend to anyone looking to add more grunt to their vehicle and looking for a more enjoyable driving experience.

Plus, BB customer service is great. I never ended a day without first receiving an emailed response to any/all of my questions.

Eric

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grade- A+

What an improvement! The entire process was as easy as can be. The directions for the process are spot on. Every step is perfectly laid out from start to finish. If there is any confusion about any part of the process, stop and read again...it's all there.

I installed a Magnaflow muffler and a Volant intake prior to the tune and did notice a slight performance improvement from these two mods. The truck seemed to open up with these changes.

With the tune, the biggest change is the transmission. The sloppy shifting is now gone. It is now always in the right gear. None of that floating back and forth between shifts. This is one thing that was a bit annoying with the added sound from the muffler swap. You could often hear the truck looking for the right gear when cruising through the mountains.

The engine feels spirited for a vehicle of this size. Of course the AFM is deactivated which is required for any amount of driving enjoyment. GM AFM is the worst, and simply floors me by how horrible it is across the board on so many models. The ECO mode in my wife's Wrangler is leaps and bounds better.

This is a mod I would highly recommend to anyone looking to add more grunt to their vehicle and looking for a more enjoyable driving experience.

Plus, BB customer service is great. I never ended a day without first receiving an emailed response to any/all of my questions.

Eric
Hello Eric,

Thank you very much for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the tune.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great info! Pushing me closer and closer to getting this done. The sloppy shifts and searching for the right gear is very annoying on this suv.

Question for Blackbear; I know the tune can be reverted to factory tune for trips to the dealer. Will they be able to see a log of the tunes being changed?

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great info! Pushing me closer and closer to getting this done. The sloppy shifts and searching for the right gear is very annoying on this suv.

Question for Blackbear; I know the tune can be reverted to factory tune for trips to the dealer. Will they be able to see a log of the tunes being changed?

On Global A vehicles, any time that there is a change to a computer segment's CVN, the ECM will log the new CVN into a register/ledger of the past 10 CVNs generated. If the CVN doesn't change, there is no footprint. If the same tune is flashed into the ECM 100x, it will only log 1 change

The Calibration Verification Number consists of 4 hex characters, 2 bytes, of the 8 hex character, 4 byte checksum. For each segment, there are 65,536 possible checksums that would result in a CVN that does not change.

It is possible to tune and have that CVN not change, thus having no update of that registry.

OP
OP
Shadow17

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Global A vehicles, any time that there is a change to a computer segment's CVN, the ECM will log the new CVN into a register/ledger of the past 10 CVNs generated. If the CVN doesn't change, there is no footprint. If the same tune is flashed into the ECM 100x, it will only log 1 change

The Calibration Verification Number consists of 4 hex characters, 2 bytes, of the 8 hex character, 4 byte checksum. For each segment, there are 65,536 possible checksums that would result in a CVN that does not change.

It is possible to tune and have that CVN not change, thus having no update of that registry.
:hmmm2:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I had my 2006 tuned in perosn shortly over A month ago and my I love it! I love the smooth shifts!
And Justin is fantastic to work with! He knows exactly what he’s doing!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts