13'LTZ Tahoe..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by a (Toyota)Dealer this evening.I saw a beautiful 13' LTZ Tahoe for sale.. It was that Kinda "darky blue" with 31k on the clock. It had the separate seats in the middle and the 3rd row automatic running boards - A typically loaded truck. There wasn't any badging on the lift gate.
Sales guy came out to talk to me... i asked him "How much" ? as he was handing me the keys he firmly told me $42.5 "any wiggle room"? I asked.. he replied "No".

Tossed him back the Keys and off i went...

Do these truck REALLY hold that much value? or is that just a "NY price"(meaning things are higher- just because they are)

I will admit that it was very clean truck.. Prices dont seem to be like this in the rest of the country(not just for Autos).. and coming from a truck with Proper 4wd.. I miss an actual stick not some silly button marked 4wd or whatever it said.. Having said that... i have all summer to look..

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way.....they are smoking something....31k is low for mileage but 42.5 is a bit too much...imo
Mine is a 13 lt black with 'metallic blue' almost like nys trooper paint but darker...51k i paid 50 out the door.....figure on a lease they give you 10-12k a year, that truck, in 4 yrs, only racked up about 7k a year, doesn't justify that price i feel

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I payed 15k, 2010 yukon 120k, no bells and whistles base model. they had 2015 yukon with all goodies at 100k+ asking $32k plus. which wasn't worth it to me.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO if a low mile 2013 is 42k I might as well go the rest of the way and buy new for a bit more. That's a 4 year old truck at this point which means it was loaded at that time but not nearly like a new one would be regardless of miles. I'd never pay 42k for that so I think you made the right choice. I think the correct price is in the 35-38k range. That's just me.

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**update**

I stopped back there today...The guy i spoke with last-night wasn't in today... So i asked another salesmen. The truck looks even cleaner in the day light.... The correct price is $39k-Still a lot, but to tell you the truth if i can manage my payments under $350 a month.... it's mine... Not totally in love with the color... but it's blue that I dont see very often. I'm willing to make a sacrifice. I'm not buying a Tahoe NOT to be like everyone else...although i am a sucker for a color that nobody else has-just because.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as I said in my post.....39k may be at the upper spot of the range I'd personally consider but 39k is certainly at a spot where it's worthwhile to consider. That's not a terrible price for what you've described IMO Dude from last night sounds like he just pulled 42k out of his ass LOL

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was new on the lot. A lot of dealers will tack on a few extra grand when it's first listed to see if anybody will bite.

OP
OP
Shunto

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck was a trade in as it's on a Toyota lot. They call it Black.. I swore it's blue.. i'll go back tomorow and see for myself. The price here isnt even what i was told.. But either way..
http://www.sunrisetoyotanorth.com/u...sland-ny-317550360a0e0ae8779b2f8b8edc19c6.htm

I'm not in a hurry.. I think i'll wait and continue shopping... I like the idea of having Low time on the clock though. Waiting isn't that bad.... it's paid off for me in the past.