13 yukon slt w/bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mp619

Reaction score
advice please, should i just totally gut this bose system? The stock headunit is not touchscreen with the back up camera in the rear view mirror.
Any technical challenges in installing an aftermarket touchscreen headunit and aftermarket speakers?
I'm going to take it to a custom audio shop and have them do the install so i have no idea what i'm going to spent on installation. Still picking out amps and subs

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In LA I got quoted $175 by the best shop on the westside according to Yelp. Using my existing stock stereo speakers. And putting in an Android DVD/nav receiver with back up cam and steering wheel controls into my 07 Yukon XL. It sounds like sound is way more important to you than I though. I would check the car stereo forums if your going for a full new system. And at least check yelp for local shops. You can at least learn the ones to avoid. I would also assume that you'd save money by buying your own parts online. And dig around this forum. I've seen several build threads. You could at least get a laundry list of things you need i.e. - how many speakers and what size etc. etc.

EDIT - That price is with me supplying parts mind you. Head unit, cables etc.

Big Homie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would get rid of the Bose setup entirely. As a matter of fact, that's what I plan on doing this summer.

As far as what to be aware of, you should make sure the system you get will keep your existing stuff (backup cam, steering wheel controls, nav, onstar, etc.). There are some units that claim to support all the factory stuff with the proper 3rd party adapters.

I haven't ripped everything out yet, so I don't know the physical challenges, but once everything is out I don't anticipate many problems outside of the norm.

The speaker sizes in the doors are 6.5", I don't know the max depth of the tweeters. I also haven't found an amp that has 5 channels for standard speakers, as I would like to amp the center speaker as well, so I might just have to settle for connecting it to a high level output on my new head unit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mp619

Mp619

Reaction score
I would get rid of the Bose setup entirely. As a matter of fact, that's what I plan on doing this summer.

As far as what to be aware of, you should make sure the system you get will keep your existing stuff (backup cam, steering wheel controls, nav, onstar, etc.). There are some units that claim to support all the factory stuff with the proper 3rd party adapters.

I haven't ripped everything out yet, so I don't know the physical challenges, but once everything is out I don't anticipate many problems outside of the norm.

The speaker sizes in the doors are 6.5", I don't know the max depth of the tweeters. I also haven't found an amp that has 5 channels for standard speakers, as I would like to amp the center speaker as well, so I might just have to settle for connecting it to a high level output on my new head unit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
An update, a couple months after this post i installed a JVC El Kameleon 830 touchscreen head unit, changed all door speakers and tweeters to memphis audio. From down4sound in Las vegas i ordered a custom ported enclosure, A sundown audio SA15 sub and Sundown Audio SAE1000.1 amp and the entire system from front to back sounds nasty. All the door speakers are still being powered by the original bose amp but i plan on installing a 4 channel amp sometime this year to add more power to the door speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne