13 LTZ needs new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Blue 04 Z71

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The k02 would be a little to aggressive on the wife’s daily haha. I appreciate all the info though fellas!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even though its A little agressive for your wife but knowing you have a good tire to keep your wife safe and sound it's worth it!

Exactly. The truck does not budge flying through heavy rain. I have 4WD and haven't NEEDED it because of these tires.

A buddy has a 4WD Silverado with Toyo LR E highway tires. He needs 4WD to get through his fields while I can follow right behind in 2WD with the KO2s.

Charles Land

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife's tahoe needs new tires. We bought it with 29,000 miles and we are at 48,000 miles on the stock Bridgestone tires. The outer edges of the tires were worn when we bought it and they are even worse now. Still have meat in the middle but o well. I've had the alignment checked and it's all good. I'm chalking it up to the Bridgestones being complete garbage. The last set of Bridgestones came on my silverado and they were garbage also. So I am seeing what everyone else reccomends. I was looking at the Michelin ltx series as I've had good luck with them before.
Every time I have purchased a brand other than Michelin, I have been disappointed. Get over 100k per set of Michelin tires except when there are road hazard issues - nails and screws on the edge where they cannot be repaired. I watch for the Michelin promo - usually $70 off on a set.

Hrocks

Reaction score
My wife's tahoe needs new tires. We bought it with 29,000 miles and we are at 48,000 miles on the stock Bridgestone tires. The outer edges of the tires were worn when we bought it and they are even worse now. Still have meat in the middle but o well. I've had the alignment checked and it's all good. I'm chalking it up to the Bridgestones being complete garbage. The last set of Bridgestones came on my silverado and they were garbage also. So I am seeing what everyone else reccomends. I was looking at the Michelin ltx series as I've had good luck with them before.

I have had the Bridgestone Alenza factory tires on my 07" Escalade (22") and my '10 LTZ. (20") I replaced the Tahoe tires after 65,000 just because. I have a '16 Lexus GX that had factory Michelins that wore pretty quickly and replaced them with the same Bridgestones. (20") I'm obviously very satisfied with the tread wear and performance of that particular tire.

OP
OP
Blue 04 Z71

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Bridgestone Alenza factory tires on my 07" Escalade (22") and my '10 LTZ. (20") I replaced the Tahoe tires after 65,000 just because. I have a '16 Lexus GX that had factory Michelins that wore pretty quickly and replaced them with the same Bridgestones. (20") I'm obviously very satisfied with the tread wear and performance of that particular tire.
I honestly don't know how you got 65k out of them. Unless the previous owner ran autocross with this thing i don't know how the edges got so worn. Like I said the centers have some meat left but this past snow we got my wife was sliding all over. I have hankook dynapro ATM on my daily driver 99 Tahoe and that thing didn't skip a beat in 2wd in the same snow.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires worn on the outside and with more tread on the inside is a sign of under-inflation. The door sticker for my truck says 30 psi all around. If one puts a larger tire on the stock wheel the air pressure needed is even less.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue 04 Z71

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires worn on the outside and with more tread on the inside is a sign of over-inflation. The door sticker for my truck says 30 psi all around. If one puts a larger tire on the stock wheel the air pressure needed is even less.
Tpms and I keep them between 33-36

OP
OP
Blue 04 Z71

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update
Ordered the Michelin defender ltx m/s and I ordered all new acdelco tpms. Michelin had a $70 mail in rebate too. Not dealing with a sensor dying after I get the new tires on. The originals are still working but they are from 2013 and are going to die soon probably. Dealer wanted 85 a pop! Got 4 new acdelco for $123 with a 2018 manufacture date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972