13 LTZ needs new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's tahoe needs new tires. We bought it with 29,000 miles and we are at 48,000 miles on the stock Bridgestone tires. The outer edges of the tires were worn when we bought it and they are even worse now. Still have meat in the middle but o well. I've had the alignment checked and it's all good. I'm chalking it up to the Bridgestones being complete garbage. The last set of Bridgestones came on my silverado and they were garbage also. So I am seeing what everyone else reccomends. I was looking at the Michelin ltx series as I've had good luck with them before.

niely

Reaction score
If you want a good all around all season tire, as all Michelin's are, than I think the best are the LTX M/S, but they are pricey at about $200 per tire. Continential also makes a great tire Crosscontact LX20 for only about $150/tire. I've also had great luck with the General Grabber's. The firestone destination LE2's are also good at $180/tire. Last but not least if you want a meaty looking tire that is still pretty quiet than I recomment the T/A KO2's, which I have and LOVE. See pic of the diff setups i've had but the best so far is the T/A KO2's (middle pic).

IMG_20170307_165530 (1).jpg IMG_20180125_162621 (1).jpg IMG_20160218_162235 (1).jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want a good all around all season tire, as all Michelin's are, than I think the best are the LTX M/S, but they are pricey at about $200 per tire. Continential also makes a great tire Crosscontact LX20 for only about $150/tire. I've also had great luck with the General Grabber's. The firestone destination LE2's are also good at $180/tire. Last but not least if you want a meaty looking tire that is still pretty quiet than I recomment the T/A KO2's, which I have and LOVE. See pic of the diff setups i've had but the best so far is the T/A KO2's (middle pic).

View attachment 193257 View attachment 193258 View attachment 193259

My originalbridgestones on my 2013 went for 60k miles. Then I put on michelins, and had noise and wear issues until I traded it last month for the 16.

niely

Reaction score
My originalbridgestones on my 2013 went for 60k miles. Then I put on michelins, and had noise and wear issues until I traded it last month for the 16.

That's great wear! I've never had bridgestones and have had good luck with the others, hence my comments. Weird how everything affects treadlife (suspension, driving style, weather, etc.) So many factors

mtc1328

Reaction score

View attachment 193257 View attachment 193258 View attachment 193259

Dan, Did you experience any greater rolling resistance with the KO2s due to their additional weight? I had the KO2s on a Nissan Xterra. While the tires were awesome and had barely any wear after 15k miles, I could feel the weight difference. However, the Xterra is a smaller, less powerful truck.

niely

Reaction score
Dan, Did you experience any greater rolling resistance with the KO2s due to their additional weight? I had the KO2s on a Nissan Xterra. While the tires were awesome and had barely any wear after 15k miles, I could feel the weight difference. However, the Xterra is a smaller, less powerful truck.

Minimal....at most...and really not enough to stop myself and even think about it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use goodyear eagle ls-2 and/or sport, couldn't be happier, seems to be a happy medium between too hard and too soft for other brands, stick to the road like glue even in heavy rain, virtually zero road noise, very decent mileage. speed rating V (149mph), they are only offered up to 20"
just my .02

MDJR

Reaction score
I've had the Michelin tires before ltx ms2 I believe and they were fantastic. I now have the general grabber at2 and I really like them also however I took a 2mpg hit when I switched to the grabbers. Both sets are wearing well. Only problem I had with the Michelin tires are tiny cracks, like dry rot after 4 years. They were less than half worn at 45k miles and I only ditched them because I bought new wheels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with Rugged Trails in LR E. Truck did not coast and felt like it had a high stall torque converter with those tires. They weighed 50lbs each. 12lbs more than the stock Goodyear Wranglers. Replaced them with LR C BFG KO2s and they weigh 45.5 lbs each. Now the truck moves! If those are 20s in that photo, the KO2s are LR D in stock size and still 53 pounds each.

Awesome tires the KO2 but if I wanted the best highway tread, it would be the Defender LTX in LR B (62115).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts