12V Outlets - 2 of 3 Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Hybrid Tahoe and only one 12V outlet works (front left). Center console in the middle row and the passenger side of the main dash don't work. I can't find a fouled fuse. Do these things just fail?

Also, the passenger seat heat switch doesn't work. Is this failure generally in the switch? It wouldn't be in the same circuit as the 12V outlets, would it?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the outlets failing. Fuse was my first recommendation to check but with a multimeter, you can verify where the point of failure hopefully is.

As far as the heat seat, its a known issue where this goes bad because of a bad ground on the harness or a need for an additional ground. If it fails, most likely, the lights for the heated seat on door go off after a few seconds. Definitely before a minute of being on. Do yours not work and your lights stay on for minutes?

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered that the 12v inside the center console it's also out. It's gotta be a fuse. Can't figure which one. Or, a common open somewhere.

The seat heat doesn't come on at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts