'11 SSV Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Being the noob to the forum I wasn't going to say anything...

websites I've searched will have "excluding police" but never an option for Police PPV or SSV, just LT LTZ etc. I called one and she said "they'll fit" but Im sure many here have blazed that trail before with their truck on the lift, wheels off and its a square peg in a round hole situation. If its some gubment spec that doubles the price (the equivalent to a $200 toilet seat) Ill go aftermarket but wanted to make sure the calliper/pad/rotor sizes were the same.

Stephen, Welcome aboard. to be sure price the parts from your local Chevy dealer. if they ask for your VIN or if its an LT,LTZ PPV/SSV etc then we will know if they are in fact different

Also post some pictures of your Hoe!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is just a suggestion but if you buy your pads from autozone you will have a lifetime warranty on them, never pay for pads again, rotors usually out liv the 2yrs warranty, and there is a $30 rebate on them right now, cant really beat that, the oem ones only last me 6 months, the autozone ones last me a little over a year (on the front anyway)

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Not sure how you'd fit a 17" rotor inside a 17" wheel ;)
I believe the rotor dimensions are the same throughout the Tahoe models or maybe I'm wrong. Someone, please correct me if I am.
Mine is 14" in front and 14.25" out back, they are aftermarket. I believe they were 14" both f/r.

The funny thing is the build sheet for my truck has the same RPO code and says 17" Disc/Disc also but my truck is an LTZ with 20" wheels and when I swapped all four corners for drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads I am 99% sure they were like 14"ish if my memory serves me.

I wonder if the 17" in the build sheet is like short hand... not for the size of the brakes but rather for the minimum size wheel that can be installed.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Police rotors are drilled and slotted. They are not that expensive to replace through either Rockauto or GM Parts Direct. Standard Tahoe rotors and pads will fit and work fine. FWIW though, might as well stick with the police components. They are different for a reason.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Police rotors are drilled and slotted. They are not that expensive to replace through either Rockauto or GM Parts Direct. Standard Tahoe rotors and pads will fit and work fine. FWIW though, might as well stick with the police components. They are different for a reason.
there just ceramic instead of semi metallic, there's no secret recipe..... carbon fiber is better but makes more brake dust.

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
(GM) ACDelco makes specialty performance Fleet/Police versions of pads and rotors. Here are the part numbers for what I got for my 2009 PPV, from Amazon.com (parts should be same as your 2011 SSV, but you should confirm):

ACDelco 17D1367MHPV (Front Pads)
ACDelco 17D1194MHPV (Rear Pads)
ACDelco 18A1705PV (Front Rotor)
ACDelco 18A2332PV (Rear Rotor)

Man Thank you for the part numbers. I was going to start a new Thread asking about 08 SSV brakes for my truck. I just Ordered all new stuff on Rockauto using these part numbers.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Police rotors are not drilled and slotted.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Police rotors are not drilled and slotted.
They were on mine. If you look at rockauto you will find that they have they police version front rotors drilled and slotted. I recently ordered them.
I was talking with a one of the maintenance guys at the cop shop and he said that their fleet came with them. Could be that an agency replaced them with standard rotors at some point. I know that they cheaped out on the replacement pads on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts