'11 SSV Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

787DRVR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First I want to thank the many who share their experience and expertise on here.

Second... does the SSV have different brakes from the standard 4x4? or better yet, where are you guys getting your binders from?

TIA

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump and moved to correct section.

AverageBri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(GM) ACDelco makes specialty performance Fleet/Police versions of pads and rotors. Here are the part numbers for what I got for my 2009 PPV, from Amazon.com (parts should be same as your 2011 SSV, but you should confirm):

ACDelco 17D1367MHPV (Front Pads)
ACDelco 17D1194MHPV (Rear Pads)
ACDelco 18A1705PV (Front Rotor)
ACDelco 18A2332PV (Rear Rotor)

First I want to thank the many who share their experience and expertise on here.

Second... does the SSV have different brakes from the standard 4x4? or better yet, where are you guys getting your binders from?

TIA

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got all of my brake components from autoanything. They have some great deals and even better rebates.
The only thing I need is stainless lines.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TIA

You can actually see that on the RPO sticker, in your glove box. I believe the standard on SSVs is 17" rotors.

About brakes, mine says:
JD9: BRAKE VAC POWER, 17' DISC/DISC, W/VSES, 7700 LBS
JL1: CONTROL,INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE
JL4: CONTROL ACTIVE BRAKE

Ron

OP
OP
787DRVR

787DRVR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, still learning about all those codes... and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually see that on the RPO sticker, in your glove box. I believe the standard on SSVs is 17" rotors.

About brakes, mine says:
JD9: BRAKE VAC POWER, 17' DISC/DISC, W/VSES, 7700 LBS
JL1: CONTROL, INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE
JL4: CONTROL ACTIVE BRAKE

Ron
Not sure how you'd fit a 17" rotor inside a 17" wheel ;)
I believe the rotor dimensions are the same throughout the Tahoe models or maybe I'm wrong. Someone, please correct me if I am.
Mine is 14" in front and 14.25" out back, they are aftermarket. I believe they were 14" both f/r.

OP
OP
787DRVR

787DRVR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ron, I originally posed in "2015+police package discussion" rather than "'07-'14 police package service" Soulsea moved it for me.

Being the noob to the forum I wasn't going to say anything...

websites I've searched will have "excluding police" but never an option for Police PPV or SSV, just LT LTZ etc. I called one and she said "they'll fit" but Im sure many here have blazed that trail before with their truck on the lift, wheels off and its a square peg in a round hole situation. If its some gubment spec that doubles the price (the equivalent to a $200 toilet seat) Ill go aftermarket but wanted to make sure the calliper/pad/rotor sizes were the same.

Last edited:

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the rotor dimensions are the same throughout the Tahoe models or maybe I'm wrong. Someone, please correct me if I am.
Mine is 14" in front and 14.25" out back, they are aftermarket. I believe they were 14" both f/r.

I don't know, maybe it's kleenex terminology, (it isn't kleenex, but they call it kleenex.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts