11 PPV RIDE IMPROVEMENT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see a lot of posts here about lowering their Tahoe. But I'm thinking of installing stock/base Tahoe springs and shocks for a softer ride. I probably should have gotten an SSV. But I.m stuck with this one. I know these PPV's handle nice around corners. But I'm more interested in overall ride quality. I understand Police package vehicles ride harder due to stiffer suspension. But it feels like these vehicles were not designed for performance suspension.
I may consider putting on stock Tahoe tires in hopes the steering will improve as well. Mine feels like its riding on ice. Wanders especially on crowns in the road. I think its the tires. I have Eagle RSA's. Front end is good. Alignment was just done. Replaced front and rear shocks with OEM.

My questions are:

Has anyone done this to their PPV? Would it throw off the overall geometry of the vehicle?
Can the BCM be reprogrammed for different tire size to allow for proper speedometer reading?

Feel free to post any links with someone that has done this.

Thanks
Dan

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing struts schocks on my 10 PPV , going with Belltech
All ready have stock 20" Tahoe wheels
Let you know about ride in few days

OP
OP
C

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing struts schocks on my 10 PPV , going with Belltech
All ready have stock 20" Tahoe wheels
Let you know about ride in few days

Nice. Are you changing out the rear springs and shocks also?

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep .. all done
My old shocks did not work .,.
Beeltech are smooth , and you can adjust heights on struts
Did only struts and shocks

IMG_2225.JPG

OP
OP
C

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice. But you kept the original PPV coil springs? I was thinking of changing those out and installing civilian Tahoe springs also. Kinda sucks too because I already replaced all my shocks/struts with OEM replacements.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep .. all done
My old shocks did not work .,.
Beeltech are smooth , and you can adjust heights on struts
Did only struts and shocks

View attachment 79984

dam those look rough!.....So the Belltech struts are height adjustable? thats cool. What the going rate on the belltechs?

Just what are the differences between PPV and stock(suspension wise)....is it just different springs?....if so where can you buy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons