11' PPV exRCMP. Hotrod build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BraydenZ Was your Tech2 programmer expensive bud? I'm in Ontario, was looking for something affordable locally.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aahhh... another mystery solved.. I was wondering how the spare tire would come down/out.

Ron

Ron (and others), if you haven't at least practiced dropping the spare to change a tire, I HIGHLY recommend you do so sooner, than later. The tire jack handle is kind of fiddly on how it goes together to work the tire lift, and the tire lift mechanisms are notorious for rusting to the point they no longer work. Find that out now, before you're on the side of the road in 30-degree rainy weather finding that out.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron (and others), if you haven't at least practiced dropping the spare to change a tire, I HIGHLY recommend you do so sooner, than later. The tire jack handle is kind of fiddly on how it goes together to work the tire lift, and the tire lift mechanisms are notorious for rusting to the point they no longer work. Find that out now, before you're on the side of the road in 30-degree rainy weather finding that out.

Completely agree with this.
It'll make your life a hell of a lot easier if you ever need the spare.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with this.
It'll make your life a hell of a lot easier if you ever need the spare.

:) I like to live dangerously though......

But you're right, I should. I probably should find out where the jack it (or better get a jack, because I doubt I have one, since I saw a clamp 'rattling' around in the back. Later I heard that's the clamp that holds the jack down. Where would I find that jack? (or maybe I'll just use a spare hydraulic bottle jack I have somewhere, and never used.)

So where would the jack in a 2013 be located?

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) I like to live dangerously though......

But you're right, I should. I probably should find out where the jack it (or better get a jack, because I doubt I have one, since I saw a clamp 'rattling' around in the back. Later I heard that's the clamp that holds the jack down. Where would I find that jack? (or maybe I'll just use a spare hydraulic bottle jack I have somewhere, and never used.)

Hahaha you and me both. Its until you need it then you'll be cursing yourself out. Ask me how I know :)

You know what's funny. I had my jack but no tools. I found a tool kit on eBay.

Here yah go https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...S0&_nkw=2011+Tahoe+jack+and+tool+kit&_sacat=0

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha you and me both. Its until you need it then you'll be cursing yourself out. Ask me how I know :)

You know what's funny. I had my jack but no tools. I found a tool kit on eBay.

Here yah go https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...S0&_nkw=2011+Tahoe+jack+and+tool+kit&_sacat=0

Well it's either knowing where your jack is and how your spare works, or make sure you have a pack of cigs, a few sodas and a cell... to call the tow truck and wait for it. (my car insurance covers that)

Well the only thing I have seen is the 'clamp' to hold down the jack... since that thing is loosely in the back of the tahoe, and I don't hear anything else moving around.. I assume there is no jack.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's either knowing where your jack is and how your spare works, or make sure you have a pack of cigs, a few sodas and a cell... to call the tow truck and wait for it. (my car insurance covers that)

Well the only thing I have seen is the 'clamp' to hold down the jack... since that thing is loosely in the back of the tahoe, and I don't hear anything else moving around.. I assume there is no jack.

Hahaha, well, I don't smoke and don't drink soda but I do have a cell phone :). My insurance also covers that.

I'd double check. Mine was secured in the factory location, I don't think it was ever removed.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, well, I don't smoke and don't drink soda but I do have a cell phone :). My insurance also covers that.

I'd double check. Mine was secured in the factory location, I don't think it was ever removed.

where's the factory location?