1" rear shock extensions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecoast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did a spacer lift on my 07 yukon xl; what's easiest/cheapest...?

I have searched; not found any and figured I ask before I fab/weld a set up...

(I read sticky; rods adjusted of course.)

And before you tell me I don't need them, I'll say I want them; the only way it's going to work like 'factory' is to add extension to compliment 1" rear coil spacers...

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOPE NOPE NOPE DONT DO IT, do it with a correct lift not mickey mouse

OP
OP
E

ecoast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NOPE NOPE NOPE DONT DO IT, do it with a correct lift not mickey mouse

please explain what that means when I am asking for rear shock extension?

to NOT compensate for the rear 1" coil spacer would be 'mickey mouse'

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you should run a proper length shock! And not an extender which is Mickey Mouse.

OP
OP
E

ecoast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you realize that there are no substitute for OE while retaining air ride, right?

Never mind the fact doing away with the air ride is like going backwards (to me)
Lastly is the cost factor...no need to spend big $$$-- it's a spacer lift, lol

It's hardly 'mickey mouse' to fab/weld a simple bracket an inch closer eye-to-eye; I have built several tube chassis buggy/crawlers...so we'll have to disagree.

Additionally, I was not asking for 'opinions'; I am trying to locate a PART.

back to the original topic:

Anyone else has a source to purchase or am I just going to have to make a set ?

Seems like everything commercially available either switches mount 90 degrees or add more than an inch...

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Rough country has one for their 3.5 kit but not sure exact hole to hole extension length. It's either 1" or 2".

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only an inch and there's not much side-load at all. Break out some scrap metal and your welder and you'll have what you need in 2-3 hours.

OP
OP
E

ecoast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's only an inch and there's not much side-load at all. Break out some scrap metal and your welder and you'll have what you need in 2-3 hours.

..if that long, lol

yep; wildu

I'll post pics

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you realize that there are no substitute for OE while retaining air ride, right?

Never mind the fact doing away with the air ride is like going backwards (to me)
Lastly is the cost factor...no need to spend big $$$-- it's a spacer lift, lol

It's hardly 'mickey mouse' to fab/weld a simple bracket an inch closer eye-to-eye; I have built several tube chassis buggy/crawlers...so we'll have to disagree.

Additionally, I was not asking for 'opinions'; I am trying to locate a PART.

QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from, I would be doing the same thing. but its a forum so you are going to either have folks working against you or just straight up ragging you. There are other forums I won't even post on anymore... you should get a load of those A-holes. Anyway, best to just ignore those opinions/suggestions not applicable and only address those in your wheel house.

As for shock ext, no problems finding 2" version but cannot be modified due to design. you will have to fab something custom. I will post a link for you if I come across the 1" units. But if you can't find it on eBay, most likely doesn't exist on a manufacturing level.

OP
OP
E

ecoast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from, I would be doing the same thing. but its a forum so you are going to either have folks working against you or just straight up ragging you. There are other forums I won't even post on anymore... you should get a load of those A-holes. Anyway, best to just ignore those opinions/suggestions not applicable and only address those in your wheel house.

yeah man; thanks for that; but I come from the pirate4x4 school, so thick skin = built in!

I'll see what I can knock out over the w/e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal