09 Yukon daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the old gray Tahoe should be going to its new owner tomorrow. I really got bored with it and wanted something new. I found this Yukon at a local dealer for 12,700 and fell in love with it. 09 160k miles leather sunroof 2wd 4.8 and one owner. I thought it was kinda strange at how many engine hours it had. 20k engine hours? I didn't notice until afterwards. I thought that was crazy.

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told myself I wasn't going to do much with it but about 3 days after I bought it I found an air raid jr kit local for cheap so I picked it up and the filter.

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotta say things have started off roughy with this. It had me a little upset but trying to keep a positive mindset as I'm stuck with it now. After i got it home me and the family decided to drive around a bit. I dogged on it a little and the shifts were harsh and trans temp rose to 200 quick. I took it home immediately and put it in the shop. Trans fluid was barely on the stick and smelt burnt. I went to the parts store and bought fluid and a filter for it. When I dropped the pan sure enough the fluid was burnt but to my surprise minimal metal shavings on the magnet. Got it all buttoned up and then notice the front left sway bar link was missing bushings. So back to the parts store got it in and replaced. At this time I thought I was about out of the woods , WRONG. I start noticing a clunking noise when taking off that I thought was u-joints. It ended up being a driver motor mount. So that's where I'm at with it at the moment

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the motor mount done over the weekend, wasn't too bad. Hopefully be able to order the rear 2 inch springs this week.

IMG_2651.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the motor mount done over the weekend, wasn't too bad. Hopefully be able to order the rear 2 inch springs this week.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Um....off to a good start :think:
Hopefully that's the end of the bad and can now carry on with the good.:popcorn:

Didn't even know you sold old gray:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree man hopefully no negative stuff anymore lol. Ordered my rear leveling kit today. The next 5 days weather wise is supposed to be crazy , tornados and 7-9 inches of rain. With that being said no telling if I'll be able to get them done. Maybe it will give me time to decide on a nice muffler, I'm definitely wanting to do the slp resonator delete kit. I really dig the look of it!

IMG_2662.PNG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a little before and after the mcgauphys springs. Got about 1 5/8" out of them, which I'm happy with. I'll also include a few interior shots aswell so everyone sees what I'm working with. I haven't made my mind up on what I'm gonna do next with it. Open to some opinions that doesn't involve spray paint, night shade, or blue lights lol.

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG