'09 LTZ 5.3L Gain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score

I was actually just thinking about the shocks yesterday and wondering about replacing them. It rides nice except when I hit a sharp bump or pot hike it has like an odd response. No excessive bouncing it anything though.

It does have right at 105,000 mins too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
I hate rust, I would get this up on lift and really check it out. check out above the coils and under the doors. Another bad spot is above the gas tank.
You can also do a can tune but it will not give you the option of turning off the AFM. Only a delete in my opinion is the best option. Put a set of LS7 lifters and LS7 cam to retain stock performance or put a low lift cam or up to a stage 2 cam with a tune and long tube headers and I know a smile will be on your face when you crank it up...

Thanks for the other areas to check. I'll check it out tomorrow since its raining all day today and my Tahoe doesn't fit in my garage.

I hope its not all rusted out, I'd love to be able to keep it and do some good engine mod'ing.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was actually just thinking about the socks yesterday and wondering about replacing them. It rides nice except when I hit a sharp bump or pot hike it has like an odd response. No excessive bouncing it anything though.

It does have right at 105,000 mins too.
Hate when i have to replace my socks... but when they rip and start to be quitters... they gots to go..

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
Hate when i have to replace my socks... but when they rip and start to be quitters... they gots to go..

I just crawled un the Tahoe to ***** the rust situation and noticed the shocks are shot. With the rust I'm not sure if this Tahoe is worth repairing or just driving until I can trade it in. Any thoughts?IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0931.jpg

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
Looks like just a scratch.... it should buff out.... lol

I love the ride of this thing and its had the blown air bags since I got it. I can't wait to replace them and feel the difference. Since I tow a boat a lot, I'm going with the Arnott's stock remanufactured Z55 shocks with new compressor.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I love the ride of this thing and its had the blown air bags since I got it. I can't wait to replace them and feel the difference. Since I tow a boat a lot, I'm going with the Arnott's stock remanufactured Z55 shocks with new compressor.

Good choice... that is what I did too, before the 4/6 drop kit.

I just recently sold the Arnotts after having them on the truck for less than a year.

When I did the drop I didn't want to loose the auto leveling so I did some research and found some Monroe air shocks that were the same length as the Belltech street performance drop shocks that came with the kit and installed them instead. Shortened the auto leveling links and now the truck still levels out with kids, luggage, a trailer..... I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts