08 Yukon Hybrid...SSV or just a regular Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid from the NYPD. It looks like a regular Yukon from inside and out. Just wanted to cnfirm that it is a regular Yukon since I am not used to PD's using Yukons but I see NYPD pics on Google with Yukons as PD cars.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid from the NYPD. It looks like a regular Yukon from inside and out. Just wanted to cnfirm that it is a regular Yukon since I am not used to PD's using Yukons but I see NYPD pics on Google with Yukons as PD cars.
NYPD has a wide variety of vehicles, including Ford Fusion Hybrids and Nissan Altimas that do not come with OEM police packages. I’d be concerned about abuse and wear and tear, especially for engine idle time.

DaBigBR

Reaction score
Look at the option codes on the glove box label. 5W4 is the SSV Tahoe code. Not to say this Yukon wouldn't be different. There is no factory SSV Yukon that I am aware of, but a large buyer like NYPD doesn't necessarily have to order from the book.

I'd like to see some pics.

OP
OP
E

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will check on the glovebox. It appears to be a supervisors car since the interior has carpet and leather. It only has the cut wires and holes in the dashboard. Unfortunately I don't thnk the supervisor was to caring as the interior is fair. It is now sitting in my garage as its friggin cold out while I fix the usual tahoe gremlins ie.. bad oil pressure sensor with clogged screen to the bad ground. Then off to find the cut wires for highbeams and horn from the cut and take job they did. I do think like others who posted that they just buy mass quantities of stock cars and use them since they have quite an odd collection of so called police cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan