'08 Yukon Hybrid Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or the cutoff in this pic look a few degress off?

attachment.php

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or the cutoff in this pic look a few degress off?

yeah... it is off a little. It's hard to get it straight. you need to put the headlights on your vehicle (apart) and adjust the projectors to make sure they're straight. Then get them set, remove them from your truck and properly set them.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The passenger projector is over-rotated to the left.

I'd have to see a wall shot at about 30ft to tell you if its within acceptable parameters or not, as everything gets exaggerated when gaging a cutoff on flat ground.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what has always made me wonder about pre-made lights that folks make and sell off the bench.

If I paid like a grand for a set and they were off........I would be unhappy.

What I am having a little hard time figuring out at the moment is the horizontal adjustment between the two projectors.

It sucks that our lights do not have a horizontal adjustment, only vertical

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a bench alignment method where you turn on your halogens projected against a wall and mark the center of the hotspot with tape, then with the lamps in the same position center the projector hotspot accordingly. That way the hotspots are at the right horizontal axis and aiming straight relative to each other. There's a 'how to' thread on HIDP ... I can go look for it if you can't find it.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On tapacrap right now.

If you do find it please post it here. Thank you Serge.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is perfect timing since I just got my hybrid tahoe retrofitted and need to get the aiming correct as well. I forgot the essential step of marking where the oem headlights were on a wall. Any height measurements on a hybrid retrofit would be a huge help. I'm pretty sure mine are low in their current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

This is perfect timing since I just got my hybrid tahoe retrofitted and need to get the aiming correct as well. I forgot the essential step of marking where the oem headlights were on a wall. Any height measurements on a hybrid retrofit would be a huge help. I'm pretty sure mine are low in their current state. I've tweaked them so they are even since this image but I think one needs a slight rotation as well.

y3y5eguv.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so here's a complete 'how to' thread ... in the OP there's a pdf file, download it and it is 'step 8' in the document: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?37877-How-To-Do-a-Retrofit

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

jebt, that cutoff looks fine to me. You should have vertical adjustability in your reflectors if you think the aim is too low.