08 Yukon Denali power window malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomustang

Reaction score
Now I've read about the previous generations power door switch going bad often, but I don't read about it in 07-14s

My driver side window switch is not working, no up or down. Motor works fine with a separate 12V power source going to it.

I've checked the power on the plug going into the motor and it gives out only 5V. I tore apart the driver door switch assembly and there was no corrosion at all. All fuses are fine and there's no other issues.

Should I be looking for a power wire that is corroded somewhere? Or does the driver door switch need to be replaced along with the coding?

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
Depending on your location it sounds like corrosion however it could also be phantom voltage. If you are unplugging the connector and using a multi meter you could get strange readings like that, try adding a load on the circuit like a light bulb or jumping to the motor then try reading the voltage again. You could also try looking for a lose connector somewhere. Many things could cause this if the fuse is good start there and follow it back to the door.

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
This might also help you but I cant be 100% sure if your truck is wired this way since this is from a tahoe diagram

Window_Circuit.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a subscription to ALLDataDIY? It'll have the wiring and how tos. A Tech2 would be great for diagnosing this too.

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
I checked with the owners manual and I couldn't find a fuse for the door.

It's been way too cold to chase wires so I have to hold off for now

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
Finally above 25°, found the culprit.

Red/White (bigger of the two on the plug harness) wires in the side fuse box wasn't working, ran a test wire and got power back to the driver switch.

Will post pics when I get on laptop.

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
Does this mean you have it working now or are you just using the test wire you ran instead?

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
Does this mean you have it working now or are you just using the test wire you ran instead?

I used a similar sized wire once I found the problem. The testing wire was just that, something to test with. I ran the wire right outside of the harness, but follows the rest of the wiring. I gave it extra length so it doesn't bind up and fatigue like the last one.

The broken wire was right in the rubber boot at the door jamb, it was so brittle it snapped in half when i touched it.

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
I used a similar sized wire once I found the problem. The testing wire was just that, something to test with. I ran the wire right outside of the harness, but follows the rest of the wiring. I gave it extra length so it doesn't bind up and fatigue like the last one.

The broken wire was right in the rubber boot at the door jamb, it was so brittle it snapped in half when i touched it.

Ah, I see, glad you found the issue and its all working again. Enjoy :)

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score

Any pics of the particular wire n fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442