08 Tahoe on eBay 2/4 drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking for a better suspension set up, strut assembly and shocks. The kit is 2" spindles, 4" springs and shock extenders.
The ride of the Tahoe wasn't the greatest before the drop and now it's worsen. I've replaced the front suspension with KYB quick strut assembly and those things were huge and seem to ride really stiff. In the rear I still have the shock extenders but I've installed the Belltech 2410ff shocks for 3-5" lowered trucks. I'm wondering if I should remove the extenders and allow the shock to go into the stock location? Any advise or recommendations welcome.

IMG_2666.JPG

OP
OP
Mywifeshoe

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I've removed the bumpstops but not the bracket. After reading everything, I'll have to do that. I didn't realize they made such a difference. I don't know if I ever still bottom out on them or not. The front is what's the most aggravating. It will jump side to side a bit hitting bumps and holes. Ball joints and tie rod ends are good.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yea in front do the belltech sp shocks and rear will need the free travel mod along with my bumpstops for the axle and the rear endlinks. 310 shipped to your door for it all. Any questions just ask ive done many.

btw what rear springs are you riding on??? hopefully the 5305 belltechs

OP
OP
Mywifeshoe

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear springs are the eBay springs. Shocks are Belltech 2410ff. If I change to the front struts, are they lowering struts? I have drop spindles, wondering if I need to go back to stock and just swap struts and keep factory coil springs. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
Mywifeshoe

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
X2, don't buy any other parts until you do the travel mod, your suv will ride like it did new.
No crap huh? Hopefully if weather permits I'll whack it off this morning. Even with the bumpstops removed, I'm still hitting the bracket in everyday driving?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the front is jumping around on bumps, then your struts are too stiff. This is common with most cheaper struts and even with certain models of better quality struts. Firm struts/shocks for a range of vehicles are easy and cheaper to make, compliant-yet-controlled struts/shocks for a given size and weight of vehicle require more engineering and more complex components.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mywifeshoe

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the front is jumping around on bumps, then your struts are too stiff. This is common with most cheaper struts and even with certain models of better quality struts. Firm struts/shocks for a range of vehicles are easy and cheaper to make, compliant-yet-controlled struts/shocks for a given size and weight of vehicle require more engineering and more complex components.
Yeah I don't know what happen with that I ordered a set of KYB quick struts and these things were almost a size and a half bigger than the stock assembly. I think they May be riding like heavy duty. If I go with 2 inch lowering struts do I put them back with the stock coil spring and install my stock spindle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne