08 Tahoe, Need Bagged Info!

IS there a kit for the rear suspension?

• Companys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How To, Pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubenDLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm Looking to Bag my hoe and lay frame! I found a kit through extensive for the front but looking for info and tips for the rear does someone have a kit or is it all have to be custom made? Any info would be great!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I'm Looking to Bag my hoe and lay frame! I found a kit through extensive for the front but looking for info and tips for the rear does someone have a kit or is it all have to be custom made? Any info would be great!

Get the factory air bags for the rear of a Trailblazer... they literally twist right into place in the upper spring mount.

Make sure you get OEM bags... the Arnotts are a little bigger diameter and will rub the frame.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear is all custom, Trailblazer bags won't let you lay frame. You'll need alot of work done, prepare to lose alot of your interior. Tubs, frame work, narrowed rear end, etc etc. I have a bagged and bodied stock floor Silverado but it's pretty extreme, built to lay rockers on 28's. Build thread is in my signature. There's a couple guys here with Tahoe's/Yukon that lay frame.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Rear is all custom, Trailblazer bags won't let you lay frame. You'll need alot of work done, prepare to lose alot of your interior. Tubs, frame work, narrowed rear end, etc etc. I have a bagged and bodied stock floor Silverado but it's pretty extreme, built to lay rockers on 28's. Build thread is in my signature. There's a couple guys here with Tahoe's/Yukon that lay frame.

My bad... when I read "lay frame" in my head I was thinking laying the frame down on the axle... that's why I suggested the TB bags.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep 10 grand is about right, and that's not including interior (or paint if you need it). My Silvy had 10 grand in work to lay it out, 8 grand in paint mainly because he changed the entire color, and 6 grand in billet wheels. The PO waited over a year for the shop to get him in, a year for them to lay it out, and the painters took 6 more months because they completely disassembled the truck for the color change. When people talk about laying frame or laying rocker, usually they don't know what they're up against. That's why you see so many poorly done jobs, because people want it done fast so they cut corners. @RubenDLT have you looked into what kind of a rear setup you're going with? There's a few choices but only a couple that are worth doing IMO. Mine has a 4-link but there's more than one 4-link design. Your stock gas tank will have to go in favor of a fuel cell either way since there won't be room. Here's a good article on rear suspension types. http://www.hotrod.com/articles/rear-suspension-guide/
One of the issues with an SUV obviously is they can't just pull the bed off to work on the frame and rear suspension although they can cut the floorboard out. Which has to be done in order to install tubs. If you're thinking this is something you can do yourself, especially if you think you can do it on a part-time basis, think again, unless you're a really experienced fabricator. It's an incredible amount of work. And as for the front, if you want to tuck anything bigger than a 22" wheel, you'll have to tub the firewall which interferes with things like heater/AC etc. It takes extra work if you want to keep those luxuries lol. You'll have to relocate things like your fusebox and coolant overflow reservoir, etc regardless of the tub size and your hood springs will have to go bye-bye. Get used to a prop rod. You really have to want it if you're going to do this, and if you try to shortcut it you'll just end up with a pile of scrap metal. Good luck with whatever you decide. Here's some shots of my Silvy as they were building the frame and the final product. I'm still working on it, always seems to be something more to do.

image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image10.jpeg IMG_8219.JPG

OP
OP
RubenDLT

RubenDLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks A Lot Mark, I've bin looking everywhere and you answered a bit of my questions, ill be heading to Houston the first of June to get some info from extensive to see what build time looks through them I don't have anybody here in el Paso that even knows what I'm talking about lol but its bin my goal to build my Tahoe. I'm not worried about the interior cause I have non lol I pulled pretty much everything from the drivers seat back I'm gonna build a full wall behind the b pillar for 4 18 inch subs which I cant rebuild till she's laid out. Thanks for the info.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was built by Allstar Customs in Houston, you can check them out too. The PO of my truck said he waited a year and a half on their waiting list.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is done. There are several different ways to do the rear. Mine is a triangular 4 link with watts to keep the rear centered. The gas tank is custom made and relocated under the rear bumper. You also have to decide what you want to do for rear seating. I had the third row seats moved to the second row. It's a lot of work front and rear to get them on the ground, but do it! Any questions or pics you want just ask.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember these are not trucks. If you can get it done for 10K that is a great deal. Extensive, Phat Phabs and others are going to want 14K - 18K last I checked. In CA I only found one shop that would even do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345