'08 Denali Rotor replacement: caliper bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
...And I wish you even more luck with the torq bit screw...

Mine looked ok... I happened to notice though, I own a Buell motorcycle and had to get heavy duty torx set to replace rear disk - I was wondering if they'd be a bit## too...

How long can a rotor really go? Wouldn't surprise me it the prior owner never replaced them. I have a corporate rig, prev owned by a company in business around here. By the state of the interior, I believe the story about out of town trip vehicle.

Seems like the only maintenance done was oil. I'm worried about everything else, especially tranny service. I'm trying to find a trans shop that I can trust, which is impossible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
Well, just stripped the $@#€% torx bolt. Hopefully I luck out with this extractor bit...one side done though...

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Try inserting a small flat tip screwdriver and tapping it with a hammer as you keep pressure to lefty loosey. Otherwise you may be able to chase it out with a small chisel. A pain either way. Hopefully the engineer who came up with the stupid screw will show up in your driveway, remove it with his vast mental powers and apologize. That's always been my dream. Lol.

OP
OP
R

rook

Reaction score
Success!
94bcc72bb75e24c1fee28fe1f16f5993.jpg

0e5d4c5e5cd3399585db320d484f3df7.jpg

And yes, that is a hex screw... All I could get in a flared head on Sunday. I bought two - the future has a couple maintenance purchases I'll post about later. Off to test drive!

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Well, just stripped the $@#€% torx bolt. Hopefully I luck out with this extractor bit...one side done though...

On one side I had to use a drill then a chisel. Pain in the ass..gd luck

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
That torx screw does nothing for the brake job. It's there to hold the assembly together when it's assembled at the factory

Yup that's why I didn't bother buying new ones so they can get seized again. The rear doesn't have any from the factory.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
True! I have new ones but I haven't put them in yet. They provide no function after the assembly line.