07 Tahoe Stabilizer Bar Link Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last week I installed new struts/shocks on the front of my Tahoe. I got a package deal from 1AAuto for the 2 front struts and 2 back shocks for $210. Since I was going to that job, I figured I might as well install a leveling kit while I have the struts out. I bought a 2" kit from StreetRays for $21. This was my first time ever messing with struts/shocks, but I did get the job done. The main problem was the angle of the bottom shock mounting holes clearing & lining up with the spacers. I guess the struts being new had something to do with it. Anyways while I was down there and removing the Stabilizer Bar link bolts, I noticed the plastic spacer was just free floating, it didn't look right to me, again I have never messed with suspension parts before.
So after the struts and leveling kit job, I looked further into the link and found out the obvious, the spacer shouldn't free float. I got some new ones on ebay from SuspensionDudes (made in USA) for $19. So yesterday I installed them. Ok, so now my problem, the instructions (which only came in Spanish?) show to torque to 20ft-lbs. I was torqueing the bolts down, but did not go to the 20ft-lbs, because the bushings were compressing quite a bit, even at 10ft-lbs. I just snugged them up with the bushings slightly compressed. I'm just wondering if I should go all the way to 20ft-lbs, and if I do, will the bushings break/spit apart? Should I just leave them snug? The originals had a pretty good lock nut, these have a barrel nut with no kind of locking feature.

20170329_182829.jpg 20170329_182915.jpg 20170329_182947.jpg
20170329_183440.jpg
20170329_194813.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11