07 Tahoe Exhaust - Borla, Corsa, Gibson, Dynomax, Magnaflow???

07 Tahoe Exhaust - Borla, Corsa, Gibson, Dynomax, Magnaflow???

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txstuntman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also went with the airaid MIT,Magnaflow 12259 and no resonator.i just cut it off and added a new tailpipe with a black tip.the Yukon goes from a slight rumble to a roar.next will be a tune.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bang for the buck - hard to beat a weld in muffler. I have the Corsa Sport on mine and absolutely love it. Zero drone as advertised which was important to me. I didn't want to hear a bunch of extra noise on the freeway.

mgharden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a black 2008 Z 71 Tahoe and went with the Corsa Touring with twin black tips. It is exactly what I was looking for, good sound inside and not loud outside but has a nice rumble when you want it to. No drone what so ever at any rpm. According to the Corsa chassis dyno testing the 5.3 w/AFM (turned mine off) of 3 runs each for the 07-08 Tahoe the dyno results are a gain of 15.3 h.p. and 14.4 torque. I have had a custom tune now for over two years and after installing this system this past spring there is a definite noticeable power and torque gain. The engine reaches the trans. shift points quicker and easier than it use to. Next spring I plan to add a Yank Truck Thruster converter, get rid of the AFM lifters while changing to a cam that will have more torque on the lower rpm range and a set of Kook's headers.

OP
OP
J

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the magnaflow have a flowmaster like drone or is the sound cleaner.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow is typically deep and mellow whereas Flowmaster is typically a hollow, open sound.

But each maker offers lots of different mufflers to choose from.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a black 2008 Z 71 Tahoe and went with the Corsa Touring with twin black tips. It is exactly what I was looking for, good sound inside and not loud outside but has a nice rumble when you want it to. No drone what so ever at any rpm. According to the Corsa chassis dyno testing the 5.3 w/AFM (turned mine off) of 3 runs each for the 07-08 Tahoe the dyno results are a gain of 15.3 h.p. and 14.4 torque. I have had a custom tune now for over two years and after installing this system this past spring there is a definite noticeable power and torque gain. The engine reaches the trans. shift points quicker and easier than it use to. Next spring I plan to add a Yank Truck Thruster converter, get rid of the AFM lifters while changing to a cam that will have more torque on the lower rpm range and a set of Kook's headers.

Did you tear into the motor yet Mark?

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow on my 2012, I can tell you first hand that is loud at cold start and when you step on it, If you want I could take some videos for you tomorrow. If I was doing all over again I would go with Magnaflow LOL

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, as usual, but I went with a Jones performance muffler and kept the resonator in place. I also have the Airaid MIT and a custom tune by Diablew for the record.

Looks like this...
rps20190105_003209_570.jpg

Cold start...

Warmed up and revving...

Very mellow unless you romp on it... no drone while cruising.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the right sound is cool and all but what about power increases? Who has measured how much, if any, horsepower a particular muffler or system unleashed from their motor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout