07 Tahoe Exhaust - Borla, Corsa, Gibson, Dynomax, Magnaflow???

07 Tahoe Exhaust - Borla, Corsa, Gibson, Dynomax, Magnaflow???

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to get a little bit more than stock sound out of my 07 Tahoe. I have had flowmaster super 40 & 44 on other vehicles...I don't want another flowmaster.

I have been searching all morning to find out what is the best bang for my buck on my 2007 Tahoe - Borla, Corsa, Gibson, Dynomax, Magnaflow???

The plan was to cut out the stock muffler and just add one of the above. I am not sure which to get or where to get it. I am leaning towards Borla and Corsa but they seem to only come in kits...I don't want a $900 kit just cut out the muffler and replace it with something that has some more growl.

I also know the stock system is 2.75" so I would also need to probably find some adapters - so any insight as to where I can get those as well would be helpful. In All I am looking to spend less than $200. Actually, closer to $150 if possible.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

p.s. If anyone has some insight into a used or cheap safari rack I am looking to add one to the roof. That will get me at least 3-5HP ha. Thanks.

Mrhug3

Reaction score
Most I've read/seen/heard says one of the bigger Magnaflows are your best bet. Suggested the same to a buddy of mine, it sounds really good. Grown man style. And the price of admission is well within your range.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suggest that you first try eliminating your resonator via the SLP Resonator Delete Kit.

If I'm not mistaken, '07 and '08 trucks have 2 cats rather than 3, so removing the resonator makes for a mild but noticeable difference in exhaust note yet does not induce drone. Add an Airaid M.I.T. and you get tons of growl under throttle but almost factory-quiet cruising. This is my setup and I love it. Drove 300 miles with wife and daughters yesterday and I would not change a thing.

But if you want to go straight to the muffler instead, MagnaFlow 12259 all day long.

OP
OP
J

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Comparatively does the magnaflow sound like the flowmaster? Or is the sound quiet enough at cruise but loud enough at burst. The only detail I left out is that she is 6 months prego...She hated the super 44 kit on a previous charger I had so I need the best of both worlds with my Tahoe.

So far magnaflow seems to be the consensus, thanks.
I also looked up the black widow and loved the sound. It was very deep and throaty, which I don't think I could use. If I still had my '12 Suburban on 7 1/2' lift with 35" MT's, black on black on black then I would for sure be looking to rumble.

Just to make sure the resonator we are talking about is just behind the passenger side rear wheel? The larger piece off the flange is the muffler, correct?

I think this is the SLP kit 08CDHoe was talking about:

http://www.slponline.com/product/31...-Yukon-XL-53L-Dual-Tip-Tailpipe-Assembly.html
or amazon
https://www.amazon.com/SLP-31059-Dual-Tailpipe-Assembly/dp/B00CE2L98Y

And thanks again for the input guys, much appreciated

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the resonator cut off of my 13 Suburban just for a visual, then you can add the SLP Kit, get your own tip or leave it naked like I have. There has been no change in tone on mine from cutting off the resonator.

That MIT tube could be a winner without having to change out mufflers. 08HoeCD can vouch for that sound. Quiet for the Mrs. at cruise, with a bit of roar at throttle.

IMG_1944.JPG

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Everybody's needs, budget and preferences are different. I wanted to hear a bit more exhaust tone than stock but I hate drone. Rather than changing the muffler, I went with SLP and installed it myself in my garage. I dig it.

Because the stock intake flows well, I wasn't even considering altering it, but I was getting a Black Bear Performance tune and noticed a forum member selling his Airaid MIT. I said to myself, "what the heck. I'll take it." While I cannot tell you it's done anything at all for performance, I'm shocked at how much it growls under heavy throttle. Sounds awesome------but unnoticeable when cruising.

I love this combination because it gives all the sound I could want, when I want it, yet whispers otherwise. Not much money. And you can install everything easily at home.

OP
OP
J

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning,

Men thanks for the feedback. I ordered the SLP kit and Air Raid tube today - Advanced Auto had a 20% sale and I called Jegs to Match it.

Will I need
Any reducers to make it fit once I cut the pipe
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-75-ID-to-3...ash=item2830ef1833:g:zhUAAOSwc49Y65Ru&vxp=mtr

2.75" to 3" or will that bolt on piece strap right to it?

Also for the SLP kit, I did not get a cone, just the tube with the stock box. Should I be looking for the cone / heat shield or just get a new filter, maybe even the K&N recharge kit?

thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17