'07 GMC Yukon XL Denali AIrbag Erroe Code - B0084-39

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I finally got the scanner so I can read my airbag codes, came up with this one B0084-39 Right Front Impact Sensor.

Tried to clear it, did not clear, so I am assuming the sensor is bad or has an issue.

Anyone know where the Right Front Sensor is? I looked and did not see anything. A diagram of where this is located would be great!

Ciro

Reaction score
There are two sensors in the front crossmember, in front of the Radiator behind the grill. Position 1 and 20 on the next diagram.

upload_2017-7-6_15-3-4.png

Ciro

Reaction score
This is the electrical diagram if you need it

upload_2017-7-6_15-10-49.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ciro! Very much appreciated. I took a quick look but it is raining here so hard to do without getting wet. This Yukon seems like the sensors are a bit more hidden, had to do this on my wife's Avalanche and they were more visible.

I did a quick search and came up with the GM (15854647) and Dorman (590-203) part numbers. I used the Dorman on my wife's Avalanche, been over a year, no issues so far. Since there is a considerable price difference (Dorman less), any opinions on either?

Ciro

Reaction score
Thanks Ciro! Very much appreciated. I took a quick look but it is raining here so hard to do without getting wet. This Yukon seems like the sensors are a bit more hidden, had to do this on my wife's Avalanche and they were more visible.

I did a quick search and came up with the GM (15854647) and Dorman (590-203) part numbers. I used the Dorman on my wife's Avalanche, been over a year, no issues so far. Since there is a considerable price difference (Dorman less), any opinions on either?

Yes, they are the correct part numbers, Dorman brand should be OK, I have purchased Dorman replacement parts before and they have good quality, fitment and perform well.

Since Left and Right sensors are the same, I would change positions (Left to right & Right to left) and scan again just to make sure it is the sensor the problem and not the harness or wiring. If after the change the code indicates your problem migrated to the left sensor then you will be sure it is the sensor the problem. If not, then you have a wiring problem and the sensors are OK.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the correct part numbers, Dorman brand should be OK, I have purchased Dorman replacement parts before and they have good quality, fitment and perform well.

Since Left and Right sensors are the same, I would change positions (Left to right & Right to left) and scan again just to make sure it is the sensor the problem and not the harness or wiring. If after the change the code indicates your problem migrated to the left sensor then you will be sure it is the sensor the problem. If not, then you have a wiring problem and the sensors are OK.

Good idea, did that on my wife's Avalanche which she had a wiring issue all the way back to the control module under the driver's seat!

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good News, Interesting News?

So I got under the front, took the front plastic shield off and just like my wife's Avalanche they have the sensors positioned so that you have to use a 10MM wrench, can't use a socket? That would be too easy!

Anyway, took both drivers and passengers side sensors off, swapped them and the problem followed the sensor, so not a wiring issue but a bad sensor.

Interesting piece here is that the passenger side sensor has part # 15854647 on it, but the driver side has AA10031 on it? Tried doing a search on AA10031 and nothing found, but that one is good (according to the system), so ordered the Dorman 590-203.

Thanks for your help!

Ciro

Reaction score
That would be easy then. I have no idea about the part number change but sometimes the factories have material shortages and they use replacements, assuming it is the original sensor from the assembly line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good News, Interesting News?

So I got under the front, took the front plastic shield off and just like my wife's Avalanche they have the sensors positioned so that you have to use a 10MM wrench, can't use a socket? That would be too easy!

Anyway, took both drivers and passengers side sensors off, swapped them and the problem followed the sensor, so not a wiring issue but a bad sensor.

Interesting piece here is that the passenger side sensor has part # 15854647 on it, but the driver side has AA10031 on it? Tried doing a search on AA10031 and nothing found, but that one is good (according to the system), so ordered the Dorman 590-203.

Thanks for your help!
Which front plastic shield? Right under the bumper?

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which front plastic shield? Right under the bumper?

The one behind the front spoiler, bolts to the front portion of the frame and the round part that hides the sensors. You could get to the bolt that holds the sensor in place if you know where it is (can't see it), but you would have an issue with the sensor wire plug, just easier to take the four 15mm head bolts out that hold it in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts