07 Denali: where's the flasher relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
I just switched all the tail lights to LED (brake, flasher, reverse)

All is well except the flashers...fast-flashing.

I bought a new LED flasher module, but can't find the original to replace it. Every other GM or Jeep I've had was just under the steering wheel/dash...but I have yet to locate it.

Help? Help!

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score

I bought a new LED flasher module, but can't find the original to replace it. Every other GM or Jeep I've had was just under the steering wheel/dash...but I have yet to locate it.

Help? Help!
You cant change the flasher in the 07+, you have to have the BCM flashed.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa...seriously? Then what's this LED flasher module I just bought for?
Im not sure what that flasher is for. Ill tag you in the thread i was looking for this info as well.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Help? Help!

Out of curiosity..... Does your cruise control still work and function properly with the LED brake lights???.... LOL

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Depends on what LED bulbs you are running. I bought Can Bus LED bulbs specifically for the brake lights because with alot of LED bulbs it will cause the CC not to function correctly.

You can always run a resistor to trick the computer into thinking it has regular bulbs in it.... but the resistors get extremely hot and can melt things, so if you go this route make sure you mount them to metal and preferably under the truck away from everything.

OP
OP
TNRacedoc

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
Depends on what LED bulbs you are running. I bought Can Bus LED bulbs specifically for the brake lights because with alot of LED bulbs it will cause the CC not to function correctly.

You can always run a resistor to trick the computer into thinking it has regular bulbs in it.... but the resistors get extremely hot and can melt things, so if you go this route make sure you mount them to metal and preferably under the truck away from everything.

I bought the bulbs at AutoZone (Sylvania/Zevo) but I didn't see anything on them regarding Can-Bus, so I imagine they are not. I've asked around and have gotten different solutions. The most common was the need for resistors...but I'm going to try to track down Can-Bus bulbs first before resorting to the hot resistor mess...

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I bought the bulbs at AutoZone (Sylvania/Zevo) but I didn't see anything on them regarding Can-Bus, so I imagine they are not. I've asked around and have gotten different solutions. The most common was the need for resistors...but I'm going to try to track down Can-Bus bulbs first before resorting to the hot resistor mess...
I think the turn signals will need resistors either way.

OP
OP
TNRacedoc

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
I think the turn signals will need resistors either way.

Well crap. What a shame... I guess that'll be another job for another day. Or I'll just end up doing the Escalade tail swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins