07-14 Tahoe PPV Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockstar1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently completed upgrading my stock ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension on my 2014 Tahoe LT 2WD to the Z56 Police Suspension. I wanted to share details on the parts and debunk rumors and myths that I have read about what the PPVs are running. First of all, Pedders has absolutely nothing to do with the police suspension. I understand that they call their suspension the police suspension or whatever, but GM does not use them and they are not the same. Second, the drop is not that extreme. Third, the sway bars are the same. GM literature states that the sway bars are stiffer, but they are not. The front bumps stops are the same, but the rears are shorter. The front lower control arms are aluminum instead of iron. For people who are seeking looks over handling I suggest you look elsewhere. The result is, however, a very nice level look. The main reason that the PPVs appear so low is because of the wheel/tire diameter. They run 265/60R17 Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires that have an overall diameter of 29.5". Stock tires, whether they be the 265/70R17 or 275/55R20 have an overall diameter around 32". Divide those numbers in half to obtain the radius difference of 1.25". The PPV has the exact same front ride height as a civilian Tahoe, so the tires drop it 1.25". The rear springs and shocks are about 2" shorter, so the PPV would be about 3.25" lower in the rear. I hope this all makes sense. Now to the real details. The handling is awesome. The control is amazing. I am running stock 20" wheels and tires, so mine isn't as low as the PPVs. The ride is pretty firm, and there is a bit of fore/aft bobbing on some roads. I don't mind, as the overall package is just so composed. Alignment is easy since the front ride height is not altered. So, no more waiting, here is what you need to upgrade your suspension:

Driver side front lower control arm (aluminum): 25997509
Passenger side front lower control arm (aluminum): 25997510
Front spring (x2): 15132801
Front strut (x2): 20955497
Rear spring (x2): 15200994
Rear shock absorber (x2): 20955430
Rear bump stop (x2): 15200997

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV shocks & struts are only made by Morone . GM or Delphi or Delco does not make ttem. If you want buy them , go for Monroe, it is cheaper than Chevy dealer, even they sell same items.

OP
OP
R

rockstar1024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're correct about the Monroe shocks/struts. They are stamped "Tenneco" on the lower mount bushings. Monroe is a Tenneco brand. Here are the Monroe part numbers:

Front strut: 39106
Rear shock: 911545

The ride is filthy right now. I'll clean it up and post some pictures soon!

Reaction score
Thank you rockstar for sharing :happy160: ,
please where can I get 2" shorter GM rear springs ? a lot of on-line sellers
are mentioning 2wd/4wd install so is the GM 2wd rear spring shorter than
4wd springs version ? these (Rear spring 15200994) are listed with
CODE YMF , is that correct 2" shorter rear spring ? I was able to find
Monroe 911545 Police Shock for Tahoe which is listed about 2" shorter than
4wd version shock but I am confused by the rear springs , just want to
make sure to get the shorter ones .
Thank you :)

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're correct about the Monroe shocks/struts. They are stamped "Tenneco" on the lower mount bushings. Monroe is a Tenneco brand. Here are the Monroe part numbers:

Front strut: 39106
Rear shock: 911545

The ride is filthy right now. I'll clean it up and post some pictures soon!

Got any pics yet? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505