07/08 escalade ext...are they even worth considering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carbed87

Reaction score
to make a long story short I've wanted a nnbs EXT for a long time. I have a great truck now (really clean 05 sierra denali crew cab) but i like the utility of the escalade ext.

I actually bought one in late feb (black 07), had it two days, then took it back and got refunded because it was making valvetrain noise. While i had it, i really liked it...so the search goes on

but the more i research the more i hear that these vehicles have their fair share of problems. Compared to the NBS' (which I've had a bunch of) these things sometimes sound like they are garbage.

So my question: is there a specific year where GM hit their stride with this generation? Because from what i hear the 07's and 08's are not the ones to get. Any input is appreciated!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ext always had non dod 6.2L and 6 speed, whereas the avys were dod 5.3 w 4 speed. The 5.3 lifters were the oil use problems. GM used basically the same bed setup as earlier gens, so if the truck looks good, go for it. I would say the 12-13 are best years...

sent from the ninth circle of hell...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442