05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So during winter time most mods die down because I need all the available space to park cars in the garage 24/7 , and last winter was cold as f**k. Spring came around and I piled up a few parts. Started doing a few mods here and there but didn't want to bump the thread till I had a couple to post at a time. A couple turned into a few and I kept putting off posting here and then I really wasn't on here at all for a good month or so and in turn over time that few turned into quite few more. So I'll be posting on here quite a bit soon. I'll start with the small things I guess , try and put them in order too. No major mods , just some fun things I've done since I last posted on here. Still waiting for it to get warmer so I can start painting stuff. Super super late start for summer this year. I mean it snowed on the mountains last night which are only about 5 miles from my house :eek:

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Also I switched phones and finally left android to get a iPhone. So I have most my pics on my Samsung that I need to transfer over. But I'm soooo happy to be back on team Apple :D

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So during winter time most mods die down because I need all the available space to park cars in the garage 24/7 , and last winter was cold as f**k. Spring came around and I piled up a few parts. Started doing a few mods here and there but didn't want to bump the thread till I had a couple to post at a time. A couple turned into a few and I kept putting off posting here and then I really wasn't on here at all for a good month or so and in turn over time that few turned into quite few more. So I'll be posting on here quite a bit soon. I'll start with the small things I guess , try and put them in order too. No major mods , just some fun things I've done since I last posted on here. Still waiting for it to get warmer so I can start painting stuff. Super super late start for summer this year. I mean it snowed on the mountains last night which are only about 5 miles from my house :eek:
Let's go, let's go! Shake a leg man:D!

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So i threw put my back at work last night so now im laid up, perfect for forum time right :smh:

So the spare access hole piece never sat flush after the swap to the Denali bumper. Believe it or not huge pieces like bumpers and fenders are not exactly all equal and over time things like these move around slightly tweaking after usage and each vehicle does that in it's own way weather the part is straight or not. Sometimes you get lucky and it's a perfect fit, most times you have to finesse part installs.

So the piece is a long platic tube and slides over another tube which is attached to the spare cable. The overlap of the 2 tubes is pretty long and wouldn't allow much wiggle room, caused by the explanation above. So I shaved off tube closest to the bumper. Didn't measure but you can see it's about half.20180504_082525.jpg 20180504_082720.jpg 20180508_061906.jpg

Like most everyone else with a Denali bumper the spare access hole face likes to move around and turn sideways so I threw in a couple black screws to hold it in place and still have it look factory.
20180504_090451.jpg
20180504_090431.jpg

And there ya have it, previously had that cover piece painted and ready to install. Now that I fixed that issue I can continue with the bumper install and put on the receiver hitch. No need for a write up on that lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those tubes are a PIA. I finally replaced mine after removing it to fix my bumper. It was off for about a year because I knew what a ***** it was. The keeper thing on the back (which I don't see on yours) is especially fun.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sanded down my steering wheel bowtie. Used a paint pen and painted it silver (same pen I used on the engine bay). One of those things nobody will notice but me lol
20180127_032015.jpg 20180127_034540.jpg 20180127_034559.jpg 20180127_034646.jpg

Of course blue lights make everything look cooler

I had a few small bowties off nnbs+ steering wheels but had no way of installing one. Don't want an airbag to deploy and I lose an eye cause I had a plastic emblem shoot off into my face. Doesn't make for a cool story.20180508_065218.jpg

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Those tubes are a PIA. I finally replaced mine after removing it to fix my bumper. It was off for about a year because I knew what a ***** it was. The keeper thing on the back (which I don't see on yours) is especially fun.
The metal claw? It's there lol. Those things are not a good time

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about the NBS steering wheel bow tie and coloring it. Thx for that info. Paint pen to the rescue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons