05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So you have to change the whole plug and not just the bulb?
Yes, the plug is a 3156 which is just 2 wires-negative and positive.
I changed to a 3157 plug which has 3 wires-negative and two positives.

The extra wire is brought down to the bottom light and wires into the running light wire

You will have to shave a small amount of the plug tabs, I recommend not shaving the actual housing , that's what most do....but I figure plugs are cheaper than lights lol.
Anyway it's the same method as the front drl delete mod

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Digging the build and the thread man! Very clean hoe!
Thanks man, getting ready to revive this thread a bunch in a week or two. Have a few new things to add.

And no a drop is not one of them unfortunately :(

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the plastidip holding up? With the cold, salt and that crap? Ive never used it and am curious. I know prep is about 90% of finish but i still feel like it'll flake off. I just went thru some of your thread, looks good...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How is the plastidip holding up? With the cold, salt and that crap? Ive never used it and am curious. I know prep is about 90% of finish but i still feel like it'll flake off. I just went thru some of your thread, looks good...
I don't want to cut in but..... My plastidip is holding up pretty good on my wheels and outer door mouldings. This is the first winter my wheels being dipped, no problem with it, and this is my third year with my mouldings being dipped. Everything has held up very well. IMAG0018.jpg

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Gone through 2 winters and holding strong. No less than 6 coats. Let dry for 24hrs before driving. All I did for prep was a thorough wash with hot water and dish soap. I did my cousins silverado including exhaust tips and his is still holding up great after his 1st winter.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gone through 2 winters and holding strong. No less than 6 coats. Let dry for 24hrs before driving. All I did for prep was a thorough wash with hot water and dish soap. I did my cousins silverado including exhaust tips and his is still holding up great after his 1st winter.
Exhaust tip too? I didn't know it could take heat like that.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I just can't win, either photobucket or Tapatalk quits on me constantly through the day. Most time can't upload pics on mobile site with my garbage ass phone. Never easy , but I won't quit on you guys lol.f62a1dfd7445c75d9bbf858346f32531.png

feeca3e12d8760118dcdb2de199b5791.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout