05Single's virgin build thread. 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowzer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wait... conclusion is.... if u have Spyder tails which require no actual physical resistor to be put in and one set of LED turn signals in the front, the flasher will work perfect.?.?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
Yes but load resistors or led flasher relay needed to correct hyper flash from front turn signal led.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ok last and final post for this topic lol.

For the 3157/3156 led bulbs those need resistors or upgraded flasher.

For full led aftermarket tails or turns they are direct plug n play with built in resistors. These draw more power than just a single 3157 bulb so it flashes normally. Only use resistors for rear if cruise is out (select models and years?)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok last and final post for this topic lol.

For the 3157/3156 led bulbs those need resistors or upgraded flasher.

For full led aftermarket tails or turns they are direct plug n play with built in resistors. These draw more power than just a single 3157 bulb so it flashes normally. Only use resistors for rear if cruise is out (select models and years?)
Yes but the resistors for the cruise not working go between the BRAKE light positive and ground, a separate issue from the turn signals. It's for LED brake lights and my Spyder full LED tails needed those resistors or my cruise didn't work. Which is strange because the brake lights use the same LED's as the turn signals. Oops sorry, I posted again on the subject! We're just adding pages to your build thread !

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Oh yea you're right I forgot. For brakes not blinkers.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
1d6a09bc6a34f5414a9ba7e246ed7956.jpg9f72bdd242be0fc4f9b1a6f7862c9301.jpg

Back on topic lol. Have a brand new line of fire I bought for my last truck but never hooked up. Forgot I had it, found it when I was digging out the Christmas stuff.
Has running light , brake , L and R turn , and reverse.
Don't see too many of our trucks with these so I'm not sure if it will even look good.
Actually have only seen one awhile ago drive by and it looked good but I only saw it for a split second.

sent from the last frontier

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a LED light strip with all those functions built in?

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1d6a09bc6a34f5414a9ba7e246ed7956.jpg9f72bdd242be0fc4f9b1a6f7862c9301.jpg

Back on topic lol. Have a brand new line of fire I bought for my last truck but never hooked up. Forgot I had it, found it when I was digging out the Christmas stuff.
Has running light , brake , L and R turn , and reverse.
Don't see too many of our trucks with these so I'm not sure if it will even look good.
Actually have only seen one awhile ago drive by and it looked good but I only saw it for a split second.

sent from the last frontier
I see you did the dual filament conversion on the turns. I've had the idea to do this for a while. Even went as far as thinking about doing switchbacks in the reverse spot for dual function. Leaving the turn for marker/brake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Is it a LED light strip with all those functions built in?
Yes sir . Flexible.
I see you did the dual filament conversion on the turns. I've had the idea to do this for a while. Even went as far as thinking about doing switchbacks in the reverse spot for dual function. Leaving the turn for marker/brake.

Damn that's actually pretty damn genius. Do running and brake and the clear reverse section do white for reverse and amber for turn. You should do it.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir . Flexible.

Damn that's actually pretty damn genius. Do running and brake and the clear reverse section do white for reverse and amber for turn. You should do it.
I was actually looking at the red/white switchbacks for this. Only concern is how much output am I going to get out of those for reverse. The ones I have now are perfect for output. So have been back and forth on it. But still do want to do how you did there by adding the dual socket for tail lights. Are yours just marker until turn signals turn on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33