05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But once I fixed the brakes and the rockers I took it to a place and got a sticker.
MA will film all the inspections as of this fall. He has to make it look like he’s putting a meter on the windows, actually has to do an inspection. Now I gotta figure out how to get my tint through, because I can’t just roll the windows down before I go in.
Just changed the law in NY too, i just went thru it... ripped it off and retinted after on my nnbs... **** em

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a fleece all lights on module. At some point I gotta figure how to get the DRL's always on, but at least for now I'll have 6-hi. I'd throw some pictures up of the repaired rockers but the truck is disgustingly dirty. Mostly winning the rust battle right now, there's a few tiny places i'll touch up soon.

Anybody have tips on oil coating the underside? I'm looking at just filling a pump sprayer with some used oil mixed up and going to town.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a fleece all lights on module. At some point I gotta figure how to get the DRL's always on, but at least for now I'll have 6-hi. I'd throw some pictures up of the repaired rockers but the truck is disgustingly dirty. Mostly winning the rust battle right now, there's a few tiny places i'll touch up soon.

Anybody have tips on oil coating the underside? I'm looking at just filling a pump sprayer with some used oil mixed up and going to town.
I used to use tranny fluid, cleans it up some too..

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the fleece module in a few weeks ago, and my “intermittently working” drivers side HID is not “not working”

I’m thinking it’s a coincidence due to junk ballasts, but is there any chance that I’m not getting enough power for both hids, the lows and the fogs? I haven’t the time or the patience to play switcheroo with ballasts, especially when the high is around 35 right now. In a couple weeks I’ll be able to use my dad’s heated shop.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Put the fleece module in a few weeks ago, and my “intermittently working” drivers side HID is not “not working”

I’m thinking it’s a coincidence due to junk ballasts, but is there any chance that I’m not getting enough power for both hids, the lows and the fogs? I haven’t the time or the patience to play switcheroo with ballasts, especially when the high is around 35 right now. In a couple weeks I’ll be able to use my dad’s heated shop.
When HID’s do work right without a relay, thats just a coincidence, you need to run them on a relay, to solve your problem.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are your auto headlights disabled? If not, that's your problem. I blew a couple ballasts before I figured out I needed to disable mine. It seems that as you're trying to start the truck, the auto headlights are turning on at the same time, when the voltage is low from cranking the starter. That blows ballasts because they're trying to fire up when they don't have enough power. I disabled the auto feature and no more blown ballasts years later. I turn the headlights on after the truck starts, and I have the full-time DRL and fog light mods so those all hit at once too.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your auto headlights disabled? If not, that's your problem. I blew a couple ballasts before I figured out I needed to disable mine. It seems that as you're trying to start the truck, the auto headlights are turning on at the same time, when the voltage is low from cranking the starter. That blows ballasts because they're trying to fire up when they don't have enough power. I disabled the auto feature and no more blown ballasts years later. I turn the headlights on after the truck starts, and I have the full-time DRL and fog light mods so those all hit at once too.
It’s just HID highs. My low beams are LED.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my dead ballast, pretty sure it's just because I was using cheap amazon HIDs. Bought another ballast for 15 bucks and hooked it up, everything works now. I need to wire my DRL's into my 6-hi so I can have 8-hi.

rh22s9.jpg

Initially I just had the ballasts wedged under the plastic shroud. I forgot to take a photo while I had the cover off of how I mounted them. They are on plates, screwed into the support, hidden by the shroud. I just used a small self-tapper and a washer to hold the plates.

2iayem1.jpg
ighvuq.jpg

Changed my oil, fixed my weathertechs by turning them inside out and leaving them inside overnight, they aren't pulling in on themselves anymore.