04 Tahoe Z71 resto/audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian_smith06

Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow gm fans

I have had my Tahoe for about a year now and just wanted to share my progress/get inspiration for finishing it up. I know if I post on here you guys will hold me more accountable for getting my work done. Plus I went through the entire tgui build thread yesterday(which was awesome!) so thought I would post mine up

Anywho here my vehicle the day I purchased it. It was a repo so I got imo a pretty good deal on it.

IMAG0738.jpg
IMAG0739.jpg

Had the front windows tinted once I had some temp tags on it. The front is 20% to match the rear.
IMAG0819.jpg

It did come with the aem cai as well. This is the only "performance" mod done to the vehicle though. Hoping to get a few other things done at some point but nothing planned immediately
IMAG0742.jpg

Since purchasing the vehicle I have done some routine maintenance. My dad owns a tow lot and used to own a few gas stations/shops so he helped me out.
new u joints installed
new rotors/pads all around
plugs/plug wires
diff fluid
battery

The initial get everything checked was done a year ago so im sure I forgot several items. The only issue I have had with the vehicle in the past year(knock on wood) has been a thermostat. I have been super lucky! My old car was an 04 cavalier so for me this was a huge upgrade I was happy to make. Is the vehicle new? Nope but it sure is comfy and dependable.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Had to do some cleaning to the interior as well. It was filthy. The previous owner did not take very good care of the vehicle

After gutting interior
IMAG0955.jpg

After using vacuum
IMAG0957.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

IMAG0960.jpg

After using a few cans of blue coral. Much better but still not perfect. Plan to get all new carpet in the future
IMAG0962.jpg

While the interior was out I brought all of the seats into the house and did a nice cleaning to them as well.

terrible picture but you can tell that they changed colors
image.jpg

One of our kitties decided she wanted to help out
IMAG0967.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice project :waytogo:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, does this mean your going to be a regular over here now? lol

Progress looks good, I still haven't started a build thread.

OP
OP
Brian_smith06

Brian_smith06

Reaction score
Uh oh, does this mean your going to be a regular over here now? lol

Progress looks good, I still haven't started a build thread.

Yeah I think I just might ;) get some more inspiration to keep improving my build. A pillar build last night went wrong in all sorts of ways. However, I did learn that had I soldered the speaker wires to the tweeters I wouldn't have had to build pillars. Too late now though due to using super glue on them :chair:

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

After getting windows tinted I upgraded the battery and some wiring for big 3. And yes upgrading the alt will be coming soon too. Have a buddy that is going to build me a 200 amp soon. Just need to get him a case for it
IMAG0834.jpg

IMAG0835.jpg

Stinger distro. Accepts a pair of 1/0 in and dual 1/0 out. Using one side for amps in the back and the other for alt
IMAG0901.jpg
IMAG0902.jpg

IMAG0928.jpg

IMAG0929.jpg

IMAG0930.jpg[/

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Now for the actual audio.

Currently running
Deck: Pioneer AVH X5700BHS
Tweeters: Seas Prestige(not sure model#?)
Mids: Silver flute 6.5"
Sub: Alpine 10 type s in JL audio Stealthbox
Amps: 2 Image dynamics q700.2 one on mids the other on tweeters and a q1200.1 on the sub

The goods. And a very curious kitty

this is the 4th deck I have had in the past year for car :/
IMAG1055.jpg[/QUOTE]

Pic of it installed and playing one of my wifes favorite songs. I'm surprised at how well Bluetooth sounds on this deck. My old deck sounded like complete dooky
IMAG1086.jpg

tweeters
IMAG1120.jpg

Stealthbox
IMAG0964.jpg

sub in the stealthbox
IMAG0903.jpg

How I had the amps installed. Going to be building an enclosure that goes all the way across to hide them completely. There is a third one in the mix now.
IMAG0992.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

also had remote start installed. didn't do aftermarket alarm. Not really worried about people stealing anything.
IMAG08871.jpg

and applied the second skin thermal block

before
IMAG08801.jpg
IMAG08811.jpg

after which is super hard to see but I applied it from about a foot from the headers all the way to the rear of the exhaust. Im not sure how much sound it'll block but im sure it'll absorb some heat. I didn't notice heat getting through before however itll never be a problem
IMAG08831.jpg

Deadened the hood. No it didn't need it but I had material so why not
IMAG0895.jpg

Also did a hood liner to absorb heat/sound
IMAG0898.jpg

I put 3/4 of a gallon of spectrum sludge in wheel wells. Once it cures I will apply a layer of luxury liner pro
IMAG0896.jpg

S0_chi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look like she coming along great....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brian_smith06

Brian_smith06

Reaction score
Look like she coming along great....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. It has come a long way, however, plenty more to come.

My immediate goals are to sound deaden the doors for the speakers I put in there, followed by pulling carpet out and giving it a good power wash. If it doesn't come as clean as I would like then I will order new carpet. No harm in trying to resurrect it. It also needs a new headliner. That will come at some point within the next year. Trying my best to get it looking as close to new as an 04 can within a low yet realistic budget.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job so far. I'm glad you liked my thread :D

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yours is actually why I decided to start mine. Yours is on a whole different level though. :party52::roflbow:

I'm learning as I go. I don't know shit about audio either, unlike you. What's that hood stuff you put on. It looks clean. Where can I get it?

Oh, and thanks for the cat picture. I thought I was the only cat person here. I assume most Hicks here have either a horse or pitbull. J/k, don't ban me ;)

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Also, do the trim, roof rack and wheel well painting like me. It will really make your Yukon look new :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs