04 Tahoe Z71 Birthday coming up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My birthday is coming up and my wife has expressed that she would like to buy me new rims for my truck, mine just look terrible. I just had tires put on it a couple of weeks ago, but hey, whatever - we will just reuse those.

I have the the factory rims, the 17in ones, and want to stay factory size so my tires will fit and so I will have an OE ride(or close). I don't want to mess my TPMS up and I want something that will hold up to weather. I have had some aftermarket rims on several cars and just watch them rust up, don't want this. So, she wants to know the best place to get some rims that are durable but stylish, and will not mess with any systems - I guess I should say "we". My truck is 4X4 if that makes a difference. I like the 5 spoke look but I am up for anything that is not black. Any suggestions? I want it done right since she has been saving for me.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you shopped around any local wheel shops to get an idea of something you may like or possibly a wheel brand to look at? Chrome five spoke is pretty broad.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, no I have not. I think I want to stay away from American Racing or whatever they are called, they rusted quickly. What I am looking for is something close to OEM, maybe in a 5 spoke. OEM size and durable, I don't want to deal with rusty rims (sounds gross)

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
try the local dealer service dept. mine had lots of new OEM rims off trucks where customers wanted aftermarket when they bought a brand new truck. got 2015 rims and tires with 2 miles on them with for 700 bucks. they wanted 1000 for the 20". nice deal for OEM quality., seeing as how it woud've cost me more for just new tires.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My birthday is coming up and my wife has expressed that she would like to buy me new rims for my truck, mine just look terrible. I just had tires put on it a couple of weeks ago, but hey, whatever - we will just reuse those.

I have the the factory rims, the 17in ones, and want to stay factory size so my tires will fit and so I will have an OE ride(or close). I don't want to mess my TPMS up and I want something that will hold up to weather. I have had some aftermarket rims on several cars and just watch them rust up, don't want this. So, she wants to know the best place to get some rims that are durable but stylish, and will not mess with any systems - I guess I should say "we". My truck is 4X4 if that makes a difference. I like the 5 spoke look but I am up for anything that is not black. Any suggestions? I want it done right since she has been saving for me.
Pics would help

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
treehan77 made a good suggestion and has a Spoke OEM wheel that I really like. Give it a try, you never know what you may find. Good luck.
David g.......................:)

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
treehan77 made a good suggestion and has a Spoke OEM wheel that I really like. Give it a try, you never know what you may find. Good luck.
David g.......................:)
Any particular reason for being different and the font always?

I get a purple GM heart for saying it finally

Last edited:
OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will and I will let you know what I find out. I really just want something that is an easy swap. I might check my local salvage yards too, I had luck in the past. I don't know much about the sensors that go in the wheels, is this something I need to look out for?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will and I will let you know what I find out. I really just want something that is an easy swap. I might check my local salvage yards too, I had luck in the past. I don't know much about the sensors that go in the wheels, is this something I need to look out for?
Yeah I had to swap in new "old style" sensors. But I did get like 40 bucks for the "new styles" that came in the rims on eBay.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, this is something I am going to have to take into consideration. I might check some of my local tire shops too and see what they can order in, that way I know it will be right. Are those sensors difficult to swap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts