04 Tahoe stereo pinout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephernst2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there I have a stock stereo pinout question. I have a 04 Tahoe z71 factory Bose, indash 6 disc changer. No XM, no DVD unit. I am wanting to install just a aux 1/8 headphone jack. I spent all night last night looking online for the correct pinout of the stereo harnesses but couldn't find the correct one. On the back of the stereo there are 2 plugs, one is the 12 pin and the other is the 24 pin. I know the 12 pin is for the Bose amp ECT. But the 24 pin only has the orange and pink wires that run to the on star box for the handsfree mic. I need a pinout of that 24 pin harness so I know what the other 22 connections are for, does anyone have that diagram?

I don't want to order any interfaces if I don't need to, i am also comfortable with soldering and working with electronics. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
fc73efb2b81058ba340a482bd5f372d5.jpg

OP
OP
J

josephernst2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet thank you. I see the same pink and orange wire, kinda makes that harness look like a 2 pin instead of a 24pin.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet thank you. I see the same pink and orange wire, kinda makes that harness look like a 2 pin instead of a 24pin.

You're actually gonna wanna tap into right aud sig pin 'H' (dark grn/wht) and left aud sig pin 'J' (Brn/wht) and then pin 'A12' for the ground.

OP
OP
J

josephernst2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're actually gonna wanna tap into right aud sig pin 'H' (dark grn/wht) and left aud sig pin 'J' (Brn/wht) and then pin 'A12' for the ground.
Well. You rock. FYI.

So where does that tap into for aux to work?
Like what do I set the radio to listen ?
Thank you.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. You rock. FYI.

So where does that tap into for aux to work?
Like what do I set the radio to listen ?
Thank you.

You're gonna have to plug it all up and play something on your phone or what device you're going to use and flip through the band button to see if it'll pick it up.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I used for mine but I have the XM "digital radio receiver" so I have to select the XM band and then hit Left side of the seek/scan button.

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

OP
OP
J

josephernst2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys rock.
I saw the aux mod with the XM , bought and wired up the cable and jack. Beboped out to my wife Tahoe, flipped open the glove box like a boss. And all I saw was an empty cave where the XM should be. I then spent an untold amount of hours flipping through countless wiring diagrams online.
Why do you get results for everything BUT the vehicle you typed into the search bar? Anyways I killed my laptop battery and cellphone looking last night with nothing. Now thanks to you I have exactly what I needed. Thank you thank you.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue I see is that the wires you need to tap into 'H' and 'J' are just empty terminals in Connector 2. That's your smaller connector with just the orange/black pink/black wires. But the pins in the radio which coincide with terminals 'H' and 'J' should still be there to connect to. Maybe you can still make it work.

OP
OP
J

josephernst2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only issue I see is that the wires you need to tap into 'H' and 'J' are just empty terminals in Connector 2. That's your smaller connector with just the orange/black pink/black wires. But the pins in the radio which coincide with terminals 'H' and 'J' should still be there to connect to. Maybe you can still make it work.
Oh, I'll make it work......[emoji57]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518