04 Tahoe racing through 2nd and 3rd gears, Trans. problem ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timr847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not all the time but when i get on it it seems to race through 2nd and/or 3rd gears, like really fast, faster than normal? Could that be my trans or is it electr. issue , checked trans fluid and it seems like there's too much in there and i dont recall filling it up? anyone else have this problem or could relate any info would be great before i think about replacing/ junking. Also occasional clicking sound, sounds like its coming from transfer case, noise is coming from right underneath between drivers and passenger seats, sounds like gears are slipping against each other making the clicking sound, when it happens i'll slow down or stop then go and it goes away. It hasn't happened in last two days so really confused??

Thanks, Tim.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, welcome to the forum. You may want to try posting in the 04 section if no one answers as this is the 2015+ section. good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne