04 Tahoe has no sound after Escalade console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taavi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2004 Tahoe with original 6 CD head unit, Bose sound, steering wheel buttons and DVD player on the ceiling. I installed seats and center console from 2004 Escalade. I took the Bose amp and sub from old console and installed these to the Escalade console. The connectors all suited with the wire assembly in Escalade console. But there are two extra connectors in Escalade console. I think that one (with red and black on the picture below) is for CD or DVD changer that was under the analogue clock. But for what is the other one that is under the cuphoder (with purple and black on the picture below)? The problem is that I have no sounds at all, no sounds from head unit nor the buzzing sound, if I forget the key or lights etc. Can anyone suggest how to get the sounds back?

Other, but at the moment, less relevant questions are:
- Should the Escalade analogue clock have a backlight?
- Can I somehow connect the Escalade headrest screens to the DVD player on the ceiling?
- Is it very complicated to connect the second row heated seats?

Must-punane.jpg
Must-lilla.jpg

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy option was to use your original harness out of tahoe console and install in escalade console like you did with amp.

Thats what i did when i swapped regular console to denali console. Just swapped harness and amp

OP
OP
Taavi

Taavi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If noone gives another solution, than I must go this way. Fortunately I have the old wire harness, I took it out of the old console. But the old one would need some altering, because the 12 V sockets are on wrong places and I am not sure if the old wires reach to the new positions and also the old harness does not have connector for the analogue clock.

Maybe someone has a wire schemes for the wire harnesses in the center console for 2004 Tahoe and 2004 Escalade? I could compare these then and might find a simplest solution from there.

Easy option was to use your original harness out of tahoe console and install in escalade console like you did with amp.

Thats what i did when i swapped regular console to denali console. Just swapped harness and amp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018