03 Yukon - blower resistor - impossible to find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieBrasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got an 03 Yukon, bout 180K miles. Recently my AC went out. No, not all the way, thankfully. It’s only the front air. It gets cold, but only works on level 1 so it barely blows. Summer time is nearing here in South Carolina and I can NOT survive a SC summer without AC. The rear air works fine. Long story short, I have figured out with relative certainty it’s the blower motor resistor. Here’s my problem. All of the resistors now have the 7-prong plugs. Mine is the older resistor with the 3-prong plug. I haven’t had any luck finding one. Can anyone help me out? I’ve been searching the internet for 2 weeks now and haven’t found it. Here are pictures of the 3-prong socket for the plug as well as the funky looking top that looks nothing like most resistors I’ve found online. I’m at a loss and can’t deal with no AC much longer. Humidity is creeping up . . . Thanks in advance.

blowerresistor3prong_zps3e3366d3.jpg

blowerresistor_zpsd2bb4f2d.jpg

bowdown916

Reaction score
I know it be used, but have you try the yards, sometimes they take out all the electrical parts from the cars/trucks so they don't get wet or dust..

OP
OP
DonnieBrasco

DonnieBrasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it be used, but have you try the yards, sometimes they take out all the electrical parts from the cars/trucks so they don't get wet or dust..
Haven't even thought about that, honestly. But it's definitely worth looking into. I wouldn't even know where to start. But I'm gonna start digging. Thanks for the heads up.

bowdown916

Reaction score
Haven't even thought about that, honestly. But it's definitely worth looking into. I wouldn't even know where to start. But I'm gonna start digging. Thanks for the heads up.

It might be a quick fix if you find one.. Also try Craigslist for people selling parts or ebay..

Justin Kerns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rock Auto has two of them:

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RY546 for $57.79

looks like it will work or get the real deal:

ACDELCO Part # 1580568 for $121.79

Find both here: http://www.rockauto.com/

Personally I wouldn't bother pulling one from a yard when new is available. I pulled two for my 2001 Town & Country and both were bad and I ended up buying a new one anyway. YMMV

Justin

Last edited:

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you gone into an auto parts store and had them look it up in all data? I know that car quest and napa have them in their warehouses and autozone and oreileys stocks blower motors and have certain year resistors. We have pretty common trucks or go into the local chevy stealership and get the part number then look online. There will be a crossover that you can track.

OP
OP
DonnieBrasco

DonnieBrasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto has two of them:

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RY546 for $57.79

looks like it will work or get the real deal:

ACDELCO Part # 1580568 for $121.79

Find both here: http://www.rockauto.com/

Personally I wouldn't bother pulling one from a yard when new is available. I pulled two for my 2001 Town & Country and both were bad and I ended up buying a new one anyway. YMMV

Justin
I think that $57 will work! That's a huge help. Definitely not paying the 120 for the ACD part. Thanks a ton.

Have you gone into an auto parts store and had them look it up in all data? I know that car quest and napa have them in their warehouses and autozone and oreileys stocks blower motors and have certain year resistors. We have pretty common trucks or go into the local chevy stealership and get the part number then look online. There will be a crossover that you can track.
I've been in either advanced or autozone and they were zero help. I think the girl helping me out had never even driven a car. She pulled up in the computer what would fit my Yukon and pulled all of them out of the box so I could look at them and none of them would work.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in either advanced or autozone and they were zero help. I think the girl helping me out had never even driven a car. She pulled up in the computer what would fit my Yukon and pulled all of them out of the box so I could look at them and none of them would work.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry to hear that you have a couple bad stores by you. I am spoiled with car quest and where I work we have an account with them so I can get master installer pricing.

FirmerX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have same issue with my 05 Yukon Denali XL. Did this part work for you? I see it is still avail from Rock Auto. Otherwise you have to buy the newer design of this module which involves splicing the 3 prong connector to a 5 pin connector. Was hoping to avoid butchering the wiring if possible.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442